Chapter 11

⚠️This chapter contains mature content, readers are advised!⚠️

Marco's eyes flare with anger as he takes in the scene in front of him. His fists clench at his sides, and without a second thought, he strides forward and grabs the man's shoulder. He yanks him back with surprising strength, separating him from Vivian. Before the man can react, Marco's fist connects with his face in a powerful punch.

Vivian freezes.

“Sir?! Stop! This isn't necessary!” Vivian exclaims.

Marco stands over the man, his chest heaving with anger. His gaze is intense, fixated on the man who's now crumpled on the floor. Marco ignores Vivian's surprised exclamation, his focus entirely on the man before him. He's never felt this much anger, this much protective instinct, in his life.

Marco punches the man again and again, his fists landing with brutal force. Each hit is fueled by a wave of anger and possessiveness, a primal reaction to protect what's his. The man tries to defend himself, but he's clearly outmatched, his attempts to fight back feeble.

Vivian covers her mouth in shock.

Marco stands over the man, his breaths coming in shallow, ragged gasps. His knuckles are red, some blood staining them, and a few drops splatter on his face. His eyes rake over the man on the floor, a mixture of anger and satisfaction dancing in them.

Marco turns, his eyes immediately locking onto Vivian. He takes a step towards her, the primal possessiveness still burning in his gaze. He reaches out and grabs her chin, his touch firm as he tilts her head up, forcing her to meet his gaze.

“You didn't have to take it that far…” Vivian says with tears in her eyes.

Marco's expression softens marginally as he sees the tears in Vivian's eyes. But his grip on her chin doesn't loosen, his fingers still holding her firmly in place. He looks her over, making sure she's not hurt. His voice is quiet, but there's an underlying note of possessiveness in his tone.

“He was touching you. Putting his hands all over you. Did you expect me to just stand there and watch?” Marco says.

“I hate seeing people fight in front of my eyes…” Vivian says.

Marco lets out a low sigh, the anger in his eyes slowly fading, replaced by a mixture of frustration and concern. He still holds onto her chin, his touch gentler now.

“You're too soft, sweetheart. This man was trying to take advantage of you. He deserved every punch and more,” Marco says.

Marco's expression softens further as he gently wipes away the tears from Vivian's cheeks. His fingers brush her skin with a surprising tenderness.

A few minutes later, the man, battered and bruised from Marco, is being escorted out of the venue by security. Guests whisper and point as they pass, clearly shocked and some frightened by what they saw. Marco's knuckles are still red and slightly swollen, and there's a few drops of blood on his shirt.

Vivian is sitting down on a chair looking down.

Marco walks over to where Vivian is sitting. His eyes roam over her, making sure she's not physically hurt. He stops in front of her and kneels down, so that he's at eye level with her.

“Look at me,” Marco says.

Vivian looks at Marco. Marco's eyes meet hers, his gaze intense and unblinking. A hint of possessiveness is still present in his expression, but there's also a flicker of concern.

“Why are you so upset? That man was a creep, he was touching you against your will. I did what any man would do in that situation,” Marco says.

“I know…” Vivian says.