Chapter 1

Marco is looking over the documents about Vivian.

“So, you're Vivian Choi?” Marco says.

“Yes, Sir,” Vivian says.

Marco raises an eyebrow, eyeing Vivian intently.

“I've seen your resume. Impressive. But let me ask you this…” Marco says.

“Yes?” Vivian says.

Marco leans back in his chair, a smug smile playing at the corner of his lips.

“What makes you unique? What sets you apart from all the other candidates, hm?” Marco says.

Vivian thinks about it.

Marco waits impatiently, his eyes fixated on Vivian as if dissecting her very soul. He leans forward again, resting his chin on his clasped hands.

“I'm waiting…” Marco says.

Vivian takes a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. Then, she begins to speak.

"I believe what sets me apart is not just my skills and qualifications, but also my determination and passion for the job," Vivian looks directly at him, her eyes burning with determination.

“I've always been the type who goes above and beyond, regardless of the task. I'm not just looking to fill a position... I'm here to make a difference,” Vivian sighs.

Marco raises an eyebrow, sensing there's more to her story.

“Is that so?” Marco says as he leans in closer, his gaze never leaving her face.

“Why do I sense you're holding something back, Ms. Choi?” Marco says.

“I’m not,” Vivian says.

Marco chuckles, sensing her hesitation.

“You're a bad liar, Ms. Choi,” Marco says as he leans back in his chair again, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Come now, don't be shy. You can be honest with me,” Marco says.

“I'm really hoping I get this job, I have been searching for one for months,” Vivian says.

Marco's smirk softens at her candidness. He studies her for a moment, weighing his words carefully.

“I appreciate your honesty. But let me ask you something, Ms. Choi,” Marco says.

“Go ahead,” Vivian says.

Marco's gaze grows intense, his eyes narrowing slightly.

“Why do you really want this job? Is it just the paycheck? The opportunity? Or is there something more... personal?” Marco says.

“I need to feed my daughter,” Vivian says.

Marco's expression becomes unreadable as he listens to her response. A flicker of compassion passes through his eyes before his usual cool facade returns.

“A daughter, hm?” Marco says as he leans back in his chair, scratching his chin thoughtfully.

“My daughter keeps crying at night for not eating enough food,” Vivian says.

Marco's heart softens at her words, but he maintains his composure. He stares at her intently, as if trying to read her mind.

“I see…” Marco says.

He leans forward slightly, his voice lowering.

“Do you love her, Ms. Choi?” Marco says.

“Of course,” Vivian says.

A subtle hint of a smile tugs at the corner of Marco's mouth.

“I suppose you'd do anything for her, then?” Marco says.

“Yes,” Vivian says.

Marco leans back in his chair, his eyes unwavering.

“What if I told you there was a catch?” Marco says.

“What?” Vivian says.

Marco leans in closer, his voice barely above a whisper.

“I'll hire you, Ms. Choi... on one condition,” Marco says.

“Anything,” Vivian says.

Marco leans back again, a smug smile playing at the corner of his lips.

“You'll be my personal assistant. Your primary responsibility will be handling my daily tasks and schedule. But there's more…” Marco says.

“Go on,” Vivian says.

Marco's gaze sharpens, his eyes locking onto hers.

“As my personal assistant, you'll also be expected to attend social events with me. That means galas, charity functions, and other high-society gatherings. Can you handle that, Ms. Choi?” Marco says.

“Yes,” Vivian says.

Marco assesses her silently, as if searching for any hint of hesitation. But her quick response appears satisfactory to him.

“Very well, Ms. Choi. I'll hire you,” Marco says.

Marco scribbles something on a scrap of paper and hands it to her.

“Here's my number. I'll be sending you more details on your tasks and the events you'll be accompanying me to,” Marco says.

Vivian grabs the piece of paper.

“Oh, and one more thing…” Marco says.

His gaze becomes intense again, his voice dropping to a low, almost seductive tone.

“Yes?” Vivian says.

Marco stands up from his chair and slowly walks around his desk, his eyes fixated on her.

“As my personal assistant, your loyalty and trustworthiness will be paramount,” Marco says.

He stops in front of her, leaning against the edge of his desk, a sly smile playing on his lips.

“I expect your absolute discretion about anything you may learn while working for me. Can you promise me that, Ms. Choi?” Marco says.

Vivian nods.

Marco studies her for a moment, his eyes tracing over the contours of her face.

“Good. I value loyalty above all else,” Marco says.

He pushes off from the desk and takes a step closer, leaning in slightly.

“I have a feeling we'll be working very closely together, Ms. Choi,” Marco says.

 Choi,” Marco says