Rat Race

The warriors continue trudging through the deserted landscape. They stay silent, both from mental exhaustion and trying not to potentially alert anything or anyone nearby. However, the silence is eventually broken as Metal Sonic's laughter echoes in the distance. They freeze in their tracks, their hearts thumping as they try to pinpoint the source of the noise. The laughter seems to have come from a seemingly rapidly expanding structure ahead. The heroes, still wary and alert, continue to move toward the massive structure. Their senses are heightened, and they remain poised to react if the situation suddenly turns hostile. The structure before them is ominous in its metallic grandeur, dwarfing everything in sight.

The structure seems to be an absolutely massive floating highway in the sky, of which seemingly stretches for all eternity with its sheer length. The Gwain Warriors, feeling humbled and awestruck by the impressive engineering, press forward. Despite their initial unease, they can't help but feel drawn towards the colossal structure, the curiosity and wonder overwhelming their initial apprehension. The roads seem to be rapidly expanding outwards, even going above them. the sky becomes filled with crimson red clouds once more, and strange looking streetlights pop up across the sides of the highway.

The Gwain Warriors, their emotions running high, witness Metal Sonic standing at the starting line of this newly created race track

The Gwain Warriors, their emotions running high, witness Metal Sonic standing at the starting line of this newly created race track. His presence is domineering, and a feeling of inevitability and doom fills the air. A red and black checkered line lays across the ground, massive stands on the sides already filled with a roaring crowd of the egg shaped robot soldiers surround the entrance, and Metal Sonic himself stands at the starting line, a look of malice across his face. He pulls out a microphone, his words coming out of speakers all across the world to ensure that his message is unavoidable.

Metal Sonic: "Dear Geo, Ami, and the rest of the Gwain warriors. I have decided that, rather than just killing you as soon as I find you, I'll give you another chance seeing as your queen has already fallen. I challenge one of you, anyone works, to a race across my Nightmare Highway. If you win, I'll fix your world and return everything that was taken. If you LOSE... I think you can guess what will happen. Oh, and DON'T keep me waiting. Let's just say that I can do MUCH more damage than I already have done."

Metal Sonic's words, echoing around the world, send a chilling shockwave through the Gwain Warriors. The challenge, combined with the threat of an unseen danger, intensifies their fear and determination. As they hear his final words, they know that there is only one way forward: victory in the race through the nightmare highway or the consequences they must face in the event of defeat. They silently brace themselves for the impending race. They know they have to do everything in their power to win, for the fate of their world and their loved ones hangs in the balance. They ready themselves, both physically and mentally, to face the challenge they've been given, aware of the immense pressure on them to secure victory. They approach Metal Sonic. He turns to them and greets them.

Metal Sonic: "Ah, there you are."

Geo: "Alright, Metal Sonic. We've made our choice. We accept your challenge and are ready to race. Let's do this."