Chapter 4- "Iris"

(SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT... Okay that should be enough. Please notice that's the main word here. This chapter is... kinky. ANYWAY! Shit hits the fan next chapter.)

Siobhan found herself alone in the waiting room of Saint Luke's that somber evening. Everyone had been in and out with visits, bringing in things for Marjorie or Reece- overall just being attentive friends. The movement of the world around her felt like a blur of colors- time moving faster than she anticipated, and before she knew it it was almost 10 pm. She was afraid to go home, afraid to face Roger and his anger at her for leaving so suddenly- and with no notice at that. He hadn't even shown up for his own children, not that she expected him to be. He nearly broke Siobhan's arm when he had found out Autumn and Marjorie were together. She couldn't help but shudder at the thought of what he would do if he ever found out about her kiss with Vivian.

Vivian...

Siobhan felt her heart skip as she found the kiss replaying in her head. She swore she could almost feel Vivian's fingertips against her cheek, the butterflies finding their way back out of the cocoons that they'd nestled into deep within her heart. No one had ever made Siobhan feel this way, well-....not in many many years. The past was the past for a reason, no use digging it up to rehash the pain when she had new pain right in front of her. The palms of her hands faced upwards as her eyes darted from fingertip to fingertip. Was it possible, she wondered, to not even know yourself? To not know which freckles had been there for 15 years, and which had appeared overnight? To not know if you'd ever been loved, ever would be loved- if you could even feel such an emotion? She gently pressed one hand to the other- trying desperately to feel the peace that having a hand in her own would bring. It only made her feel more alone.

"Bon Bon?" Siobhan's head shot up to meet the voice, to try and meet the crystal blue eyes she desperately longed for.

"Viv!" Siobhan exclaimed, allowing herself to be far more excited than she intended to. Vivian stood in front of her in her scrubs, the drawstring on the pants hanging off her hips, somehow perfectly. Everything that Vivian did was perfect to Siobhan, she couldn't deny that.

"What are you still doing here? Reece left an hour ago..." He had? She hadn't even noticed that she was quite literally alone in the waiting room. Reece hadn't stopped to tell her goodbye- why did that bother her so badly? Siobhan wasn't sure that she liked this feeling that now resided inside her, the feeling of need for others.

"Oh- I... Um." She looked around her frantically, desperate to find a reason that she had stayed that didn't make her seem like a pathetic loser waiting for a woman that she couldn't have. "I like the atmosphere. You know the... sm..ell." Siobhan couldn't stifle the disgust that covered her face as the words tumbled out of her mouth like an avalanche.

A landfill avalanche, good God Siobhan- GET IT TOGETHER!

"Oh? Well it does have a... particular scent... doesn't it?" Vivian attempted a smile, but there was no good coming from that sentence. Siobhan rolled her eyes as she flung her face into her hands.

"I don't know where I was going with that- there is no point in lying." She mumbled into her hands. Vivian chuckled, throwing her jacket down in the chair next to Siobhan. She sat down slowly, carefully setting a hand against Siobhan's knee.

"Why are you really here, Bon Bon?" Siobhan felt electricity surge across her skin as Vivian's thumb rubbed back and forth against her knee. Somewhere deep in the back of her mind she felt herself screaming that this was wrong, that feeling so much for a woman was wrong. But unlike every other day from the time she was 13 on, she didn't want to stop it. She wanted to give in to the touch, to reach across and pull Vivian in to her then and there.