Chapter : 88.1 : The First Battle of The New Astra Militarum

+Check out the other novel by clicking my profile.

+My YT Channel: ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA_o7H0XZmHnnX0UlvGP4Yg ) Or ( Sokdavid Gaming )

+My P'atreon: ( https://www.P'atreon.com/Sokdavid )

+My Facebook Page : ( https://www.facebook.com/P.S.David123/ ) Or ( Sokdavid Gaming on Facebook )

If you want to read more chapters, some are on my P'atreon.

-----------

Thank You, ChaosUntold, and Brandon Hunt, For Becoming A Member.

-----------

Cannon and Artillery were the same things, a cannon was an Artillery with a large caliber. The history of Artillery was earlier than the guns. In the era of Kai, after the birth of black powder, some scientists thought about it. They threw the gunpowder like a bow and arrow and struck the enemy from a distance.

Afterward, in the era of Bruno, many scientists started to develop this project, and the first real artillery was also produced at this time, named flint cannon. However the power and quality of this artillery were too poor, so subsequent improvements were ongoing at that time.

By the end of the era of Bruno, the research on artillery reached a peak. At that time, Bruno couldn't stop thinking about planetary conquest. Although he knew that there was little hope, he was still trying to make all kinds of preparations.

He wanted to be like his father Kai. Following Sebastian in his twilight years, fighting for the God Emperor, and creating the final glory, a lot of money was invested in artillery research. Unfortunately, the biggest problem in developing artillery was fast ignition, uniform quality, and power.

In addition, designing the right gun was no easy task. If it was not designed properly, it could not be fired. In addition, the level of danger faced by the person firing the artillery was not far from that of shelling the target. While firing a cannon, some people could be killed because of the explosion of the artillery.

After the era of Bruno, the research on artillery gradually decreased. Back then, even the three institutes were trapped by the technology of that time, so they could only focus on the development of guns.

After that, there were two of the most important changes in artillery. The first was the emergence of smelting technology.

The original cannon was made of bronze, it was bulky and had a short lifespan, and with the emergence of steel, cannons became thinner and harder. It became lighter in weight and its mobility was greatly improved. But these were not enough.

Today, the artillery technology of Abel and Vale was the most advanced, but it was not that useful on the battlefield.

Generally, it was used to bombard city walls during sieges and fire large numbers of enemy troops on the battlefield. Bulky artillery was difficult to move to a new location to fire during the battle, so the effect was very limited.

Secondly, the latest results from the Firearms Research Group helped recoil the machine. Initially, there was a rigid connection between the gun body and the gun mount, it became an assisted recoil machine.

The machine consumed the artillery's recoil, which improved the artillery's stability and accuracy, reducing the damage to the person firing. The Artillery had also become lighter.

"With this thing, the tall walls don't seem necessary." After seeing the experiment with the new artillery, Cross couldn't help but sigh.

There was a tremendous change since Elizabeth came to the Royal Tomb Mountains in just a few years. He had been a part of the army for decades but he couldn't bear it.