Chapter 8

H

O

M

E C

O M

I

N

G

Mel POV

"And remember to pick up your suit at 5 pm, so you can have time to go home and shower" I tell Joey as we walk to class.

"Okay mom" he says in a fake tone.

I roll my eyes and smile at his mockery.

"Can I see what my bestfriend is wearing?" He pauses letting a few students go by.

"Nope, you're going have to just see when everyone else does" I say completely satisfied.

"What's so fancy about wearing a trash bag to prom" he teased.

I slap his arm inflicting laughter and pain from his body.

"You got a date?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm taking Star to the dance"

"Oooo, Star's so prettyyy" I poke him repeatedly in a playful way.

"Stop it, I'm ticklish but yeah she is. Hopefully she lets me hit it" he says smirking.

"Aye-aye, don't hurt me I'm kidding" he says when I attack him again.

"Nahh just one time" he bites his lip, making thrusting motions with his body.

Joey laughs, running down the hallway as I chase him.

Night time..

3rd pov

His eyes lifted up watching her descend the steps

His eyes lifted up watching her descend the steps. "Sweetheart look at you! Dosen't she look beautiful Derek?!" Phoebe slaps his chest lightly.

Derek's mouth goes dry staring at her intently, fighting the urge to not look her up and down

"She's perfect" he says finally, a soft fluttery feeling entering his chest.

"I hope that date of yours is riding in a car and not a bike" her mother says with a pointed look.

"He is mom" Mel says laughing.

"Take our picture hon" Phoebe says handing him the camera.

Derek moves to the middle of the room as the two stand at the end of the staircase.

"Okay now you two" Phoebe says, running back to Derek and nudging him forward.

Derek runs his hand over his arm awkwardly before stepping next to Mel.

"You guys look like you hate eachother"Phoebe says annoyed.

"What the f**k you want us to do?" Derek says causing Mel to laugh.

"Pose or something, Derek put your arm around her waist" Phoebe says lifting up the camera.

Derek's breath drops, lowering his arm around her and tugging her closer, his hand glides smoothly to her mid back.

"I meant her hip" Phoebe points with her finger.

Derek slowly wraps his hand on the warm flesh above her bum.

"Oh shoot, ran out of film. One second" Phoebe says.

Derek blows out a nervous breath, "You look beautiful" turning his gaze on her.

"Thank you" Mel replies looking up at his tall figure.

"Derek, can you show me what's it like to be swept off your feet. I keep telling Skyler he's doing it wrong every time we practice dancing" I giggle.

Derek holds his hand out like a gentleman, spinning her around slowly with his one hand.

He pulls her in slightly, clasping their hands together while the other remained on her low back. They swayed for a moment before wrapping up the small dance.

"If a man dips you, he needs to dip you like this..you know take your breath away..." he leans her body back with one arm.

I tilt my head down from blushing, to slowly bring it back up when our lips brushed on eachother.

Mel quickly pushes his face back searching his eyes.

"Did you just try t-" Mel whispers.

They quickly scramble away from eachother at the sound of her mother's footsteps.

"Couldn't find the film guys, my phone will have to do" Phoebe announces entering the room.

"I have to go anyways" Mel says frantically when her phone dings.

"Oh-okay have fun" her mother says as she rushes out the door.