Chapter 7

Mel's POV

Mel mouthed the steps in the mirror as she practiced her upcoming cheer dance for homecoming.

Her head spun wildly, gliding her hands slowly down her stomach and shaking her hips afterwards.

She leaned down poping her leg out, sliding her hand up slow in a seductive manner.

"Dinner's ready"

"Sh*t" her back collided into her dresser.

"Don't you knock??" She said annoyed and panting.

"Sorry for starling you, I did call your name twice" he said pushing his hands into his pockets.

Mel looked up, realizing she still had her headphones in before removing them.

"Sorry" she said flatly.

"Actually" he steps in more, closing the door behind him.

I look at him skeptically as he stops in the middle of my room.

"I'm sorry Mel, I shouldn't have whooped your boyfriend's a** in front of you, been hard on you lately, in fact I been total d**k lately but I promise it's coming out of a place of love. Me and your mo...I'll speak for myself. I just want what's best for you, you may not know it yet. But I do view you as my daughter regardless of how you feel, your safety and wellbeing is my biggest concern" he says, eyes watering over.

 But I do view you as my daughter regardless of how you feel, your safety and wellbeing is my biggest concern" he says, eyes watering over

"Here" he says pulling out her phone.

I gasp when he hands me over my device, I haven't seen in a month.

"Your serious" I breathe looking up at him.

"Very" he says sharply.

We stare at eachother for a brief moment before doing the unthinkable. I run up to him, wrapping my arms around his torso. "Thank you" I whisper, a tear sliding down my brown cheek.

I cry slightly, my face flushed against his chest.

Derek's voice catches in his throat, he looks at his shaking hands before wrapping them around the small teen.

"By the way, you didn't whoop my boyfriend's a**. He whooped yours" Mel says into his chest. A deep guttural laugh roars and vibrates through his body, causing her to shake in his arms.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" he pats my back lightly, extending the hug.

"Be down in ten minutes" Derek says before leaving.

Derek POV

Derek blushes red as he stood outside her closed bedroom door.

He retraces back to the memory of just standing there and watching her dance.

His eyes shut completely leaning on the hallway wall, the aching feeling in his chest tightening from her curvy body.