Chapter 23

Warning explicit/intense ⚠️

Flashback part 2

After wedding

I angrily packed a bag, slamming dressers and throwing shoes in my suitcase.

I hear the creak of my door opening.

"Your mom and I are leaving for our honeymoon"

I continue to pack like he's not there.

Derek looks to the left sucking in a breath before slamming the door.

My head jerks up angrily staring at him.

"Your mom can't even look at you let alone stomach you. You embarrassed us today. Your selfish" Derek says angrily.

Mel chuckled. "Why couldn't she have told me that herself?" I say nonchalantly.

"Obviously she's hurt Mellie"

"Don't call me that"

"What?"

"You don't get to call me that anymore" walking around him.

"Where are you going?"

"Joey's. I'm not staying here"

"So leave your Uncle Jax alone when he's still visiting?"

My hands pause from packing, "He's your company. Not mines." With my back turned.

"So what made you think it was good idea to have sex at our wedding?"

I let out a deep sigh, covering my tears.

"I-I just wanted to be rebellious I guess" I lie.

"Rebellious? So ruin the most important day of our lives because you wanted to get your cherry popped?"

"It wasn't being popped, you did that already remember?" I say sharply.

Derek's face reddens from embarrassment.

"Why are you even talking to me right now, shouldn't you be gone, getting in the car with my mom?"

"She left already without me"

Her breathing slows down, "Why'd she do that?"

"Because I wanted to stay behind to see if you were okay"he says honestly.

My face shakes uncontrollably trying to be strong.

"Well you shouldn't have stayed, you wasted your time" I say harshly.

"Wow. You really mean that?" He says.

"Yes Der" turning she stumbles back, catching her lips into a passionate kiss.

A sudden rush of old emotion and desire courses through them. His hands slithering down sexily to her waist, giving it a gentle squeeze. He pressed harder against her lips , his breath abandoning his lungs.

His hands wrap around her neck, intensifying the kiss.

She lifts her hands to his neck, clenching tighter around him, her head falling against his temple in a great tremor.