Chapter 15

Mel pov

One month later..

The hood of her eyes moved rapidly until popping open. Mel's jaw stretched wide, pushing her arms over her head.

After stretching, she pulled back the covers. She crossed her legs over the mattress, sitting there for a moment. Staring across the room she sees the Teddy Bear Derek brought her when she was 13.

She rubs her eyes raw, increasing the blurred vision she had upon waking up. Her tired limbs drags her out of bed leading her into the bathroom.

"Sh*t!"she screeches, her body slapping into the door frame.

"Oh my bad kid. The hallway bathroom was all out of hot water" Jax turns around wrapping his towel.

"Jax. How many times have I told you to knock first before entering my bedroom?" With a blank expression.

"Sweetheart, I did knock but you didn't answer. Then on top of that I know how you are about your sleep, last time I woke you up you threw a shoe at me" he emphasis.

"It's either that or tell my-my step dad to fix the water" I say while briefly blinking.

"I do, that a**hole don't love me enough do it. I'll hire someone to take care of it" he pats my shoulder before walking out.

I looked down at the wet hand print on my grey t shirt, in annoyance.

30 minutes later...

"Morning" I greet everyone upon entering the kitchen.

"Morning" they say in unison.

"Hey Mel, did you ever go take my car to go get an oil change since borrowing it?" My mom asked.

"Oh-I forgot. I'll get right on it" I say opening the fridge door.

"I don't see how if she's been reminding you everyday for it" Derek says, flicking his wrist for the next page of the newspaper.

Mellie scoffs, "I don't see how it's any of your business when my mom and I, are the ones having the conversation" I say placing my palms on the counter.

"Mel!" Her mother scowls her.

Derek quickly throws down the paper looking at her.