Chapter 20

Warning explicit scene⚠️

Mel/ Phoebe

"Well have you tried confronting him?" I lift up my hands as we sit on the lawn chairs.

"No, he'll just lie anyway. Like he did at the game"

"The game?"

Phoebe sucked out a tired breath looking up at the Little Dipper.

"Your dad has this nasty habit of sneaking out of the bedroom around 3 am and when I asked him about it, he made up some bullsh*t lie that he slept on the couch... like you don't sleep on the couch, you have back problems" she says in unconvinced tone.

"Well..have you seen anything with your own eyes?"

"Mel, I don't have to see anything to know that he's cheating"

"But yeah, if you're getting married, shouldn't you trust him?"

"Mel, just stop. Until you get into a serious relationship you'll never understand" she snaps.

My face clenches reflecting a hard expression, "Well have you thought about leaving him?" I say bluntly.

"Leaving him?" Her tear stricken face scrunched up looking at me. "Why would I leave him when I can work things out? Uh man" she sighs scratching her head as she stands up.

"You don't know what love is, you're only 18. You're not even a women yet. Until you have been in a long relationship when you both endured heartache, made sacrifices, shared first time experiences, held eachother up through thick and then. Don't you try to give me any got d**n advice"

My eyes shift, scoffing with a smile.

"What makes you think I don't know what it's like being a woman because I'm 18? Or experiencing heartache because I'm this young. You know what mom, forget my advice. I'll rather not have yours. Because to name all those things, clearly you don't trust him if you're whining to me about it.. clearly, the love isn't real as you thought it was" pointing to the ground.

I knew it was a jab, but I didn't care.

My mom inhales a deep breath, "The next guy that breaks your heart, don't come crying to me about it. Since I don't know sh*t" she sizes me up before walking away.

I flick my hand out, blowing out an angry breath to release the tension.

Five hours later...

Mel/Derek POV

"You said what?"Derek tilts his head.

"I thought by saying she should leave you, it was the right call"

"I can't even go down the f**king street, leaving you without you saying something f**king stupid. I can't believe you said that sh*t!" Twisting his head furiously.

He paces, his hands over his hips with a sharp look on his face.

"I don't understand what I did wrong"

"You don't see nothing wrong Mellie???You don't have that right, you don't have the balls to make that decision for me, that's my relationship, let me handle it"

"Clearly your not handling sh*t, if your still planning a got d**n wedding"

Derek freezes up on me, restraining his voice, "I told you to give me time" he pointed.

"Time? I'm starting to think this time thing is just a bulksh*t excuse"

"Excuse me? Man f**k off" waving his hand in the air.