Chapter 11: Chances

I was sitting at a table in the shop just waiting then the door opened. "Lanny." He walked over and hugged me and he sat down next to me. He grabbed my hands that were on the table and looked at me in the eyes. "I was so bad to you, I'm so sorry." I nodded "It's ok." He brought his hand to my chin and lifted my face up. "Have you been crying?" I pushed his hand away and rubbed my face. "Lanny look i don't know what happened in England, but i want us back." I put my hands in my lap and looked up at him. "You cheated on me." He took a deep breath "I know, i was wrong. I treated you like shit and I'm so sorry." He put his hands on mine and rubbed little circles on the back of my hands. "One more chance, please?" We sat in silence for a few minutes. "Ok. One more chance." He brought my hand up to his mouth and kisses it. "but i leave in two months for Bristol." He nodded "I will go with you. I love you and i will follow you to the end of the earth." 

We talked about what happened between us. He told me he wanted sex and if i wasn't going give it to him he went off somewhere Else. He said he changed and wasn't like that anymore, and i could tell he was telling the truth. I looked down at our hands and i could tell his touch was much gentler than before. I intruded him mid sentence "You've changed." His smiled and looked in my brown eyes with his blue ones. "Is that good?" I nodded and he smiled showing all his teeth. I missed his smile, it could always light up a room.We got up and left and he walked me back to my house. We stood awkwardly at the door for a while. Then he moved some hair behind my ear and kissed my noes making me smile. But then he kiss me, it was slow, soft and tasted like mint.

Mint. Jack.

I pulled away and looked up at Chuck. "I'm gonna go in now." He nodded and kissed my cheek. "Ill call you tonight." Then he walked away. I walked in to see my mom standing there. "So...Chuck?" I looked down and nodded. "Hes changed...so he says." My mom stepped closer to me "Just be careful ok?" I nodded and headed up to my room. I sat on my bed on twitter replying to people and listening to music.

ring ring ring

I picked up my phone and it was Chuck. "Just wanted to hear your voice before bed." I smiled. "Alright goodnight." he took a deep breath "Love you good night." and he hung up the phone. It was sad he knew i didn't feel the same way at the moment but he still said it. I closed my laptop and smiled and went to bed.