Prologue

“Increase the voltage. Maximize it. Perhaps we can recharge him”

Screams filled the room as small hands clung to the arms of the chair, throat bleeding as the electricity arched through his body. His eyes felt like they were on fire yet nobody came over to aid him, they only watched with their clipboards, writing down notes.

“Please!” He tried to scream but found his voice unheard over the screams that much rathered to tear from his vocal chords. “Get me out!” He tried to shout once more but it came out with his scream, becoming some distorted sound. The electricity cut off and he panted heavily, body trembling as he sat in the chair, bindings keeping him from sliding out. Eyes slowly opened, the feeling of flames licking at his eyes having vanished. His gaze lifted, glancing through the clear glass to the other observers.

‘We did it” One of the men said, looking at the slouched form in the chair. Electricity danced on the chair holding the boy, crawling across his body and making the hairs on his arm stand on end. His blue eyes glowed with something else, electricity occasionally leaping across the pupil.

“We have done it” The lead observer said. The electricity crackled and the bindings released, letting the body sink to the floor. His chest rose and fell with deep, pained breaths as his mind fought to think. Only one thing came to mind.

“I hurt”