Chapter 26

The window to the apartment had been left unlocked by accident but it was of much convenience to Cry. He slipped it open and entered, setting foot on the floor. The electricity that had been previously occupying his feet flew to cover the walls and floor. Hands flew to become entangled with hair, leaving Felix to slowly remove himself from Cry. He fell ungracefully, landing on his behind while Cry paced around the room, working up static from his frantic pace. The electricity snaked more and more, covering all of the walls and floor, reaching towards the roof. Felix slammed the window shut and locked it quickly, turning around to see the entire room slowly burning as the electricity covered it. The paint was slowly bubbling while the couches and floor began to change to black.

“What the hell?” Felix asked, remaining in place out of fear of becoming zapped if he moved.

“He saw me! He saw me!” Cry screeched, pulling at his hair wildly.

“Who did?” Felix questioned, becoming worried.

“The scientist! He saw me! That was one from the facility! He knows I’m here, knows that he can find me. He’s gonna take me back there!” Cry’s words were becoming hysterical.

“No, No I won’t let him Cry. Please believe me. Just calm down-”

“Calm down?!” Cry shouted. The room pulsed and Felix braced himself as electricity flooded forward. Opening his eyes, he gasped, seeing it shape around him. “You expect me to calm down?! I can’t! They’re going to get me and I’m going to have to go back to that chair and that generator and that-” Cry cut off as Felix smothered him with a hug.

“Listen to me. I won’t let them. I’m never going to let them. You don’t deserve that. Besides, if they take you... who’s going to take me out to fancy restaurants?” He chuckled at the end. “I’m serious though Cry, I’m not going to let anything happen” He assured.

“Just... tell me where you want to go” Cry said, looking to Felix with a smile. The energy in the room zapped back to him in an instant, making him stumble slightly. Felix gripped his shoulders tightly, stabilizing him.

“Let’s get you in bed huh?” Felix asked with a chuckle, guiding Cry to the bedroom. He sat the boy on the bed and slipped him some clothes, waiting for him to change before setting a load of washing to go for the night.

“Can... I stay with you tonight?” Cry asked shyly. His cheeks were a deep shade of red and he had retrieved his Sup Guy from the couch, burying his face into it.

“Only if you do me a favour” Felix replied, smirking slightly. Cry hugged his doll tighter as he watched the Swede change into some pajama pants.

“I’ll take this off...” Cry said, removing the shirt he had slid on earlier. Felix smiled, moving over to the bed and slipping in under the covers. Cry followed timidly, slipping in next to him.

“I’m cold” He moaned quietly. Felix chuckled, scooting closer to the other.

“Better?” Felix asked. Cry nodded shyly, making the other chuckle again. “You know what I want”

“Y-Yeah... Just.... give me a second” Cry’s voice was soft as he closed his eyes, letting out a sigh. Electricity began to glow under his skin with a dull light, making Felix smile.

“You know I wish I could do that” He said, making Cry chuckle.

“It gets annoying sometimes” The other replied, making Felix frown. “But I’m okay” He continued, relieving Felix.

“Goodnight Cry” The Swede said, bringing the blanket in tighter.

“Night... Pewds” Cry replied, making Felix chuckle gently as he closed his eyes and let himself drift off, Cry following soon after.