Chapter 29

When conscious thought returned to him once more, his hands and feet were bound in a horrifyingly familiar manner. Instantly, he began to thrash and move wildly, trying to create a spark to aid his escape but all his actions fell still as his eyes settled on the usually, non transparent glass. They widened, throat dried, hands clenched and a single word tore past his lips, echoing out into the room and through the microphone into the observation booth.

“No!” He screamed as he thrashed once more, eager to somehow jolt himself awake, if he was asleep. This couldn’t be true! He couldn’t be here! All of this had to be some nightmare, something fabricated! It... No... It couldn’t be.... Why would...

“No no no no” He chanted, rocking in his chair wildly as he fought to get free.

His actions caught the attention of the scientists, all of them staring at the previously unseen behaviour.

“I’m sorry sir, It doesn’t usually have such reactions as this. Usually the specimen is rather docile and lax in the chair” One of the men said, turning to someone else who was dressed somewhat similar. Their coat was a brighter white, showing new term employment and the clipboard in hand was free of scribbles or notes, fresh from the warehouse.

“It’s fine, It is my first time seeing It after all” The newcomer replied. Cry’s body fell still.

“No...” He said again, voice filled with unfathomable disappointment and fear. He knew those words, he knew that voice. He knew everything about that man and yet- He did not know he was here. That... He was one of them.