Chapter 30

“Would you like to start the experiment?” The man asked, turning to the new employee. They nodded, making Cry quickly shake his head as he fought to get free of his bindings.

“Sure” Replied the voice that Cry had always feared would agree. The person approached the large button that started the experiment, lifting their gaze to look at the bound victim. Something shone in their eyes but was clouded as a hand was raised and slammed down on the button. Sirens whirred and engines hummed as they slowly sped up. One word managed to escape Cry’s mouth before it melted into terrifying screams of agony and fear.

“Felix!”

The heavy wailing was almost drowned out by the electricity that crackled around the room wildly, running along the glass and rocketing to the ceiling. The other scientists stood and stretched before moving to the door, each conversing about what coffee and sandwiches they should choose from the canteen.

“Aren’t you going to observe?” Felix asked, glancing to Cry who was still screaming and flailing wildly in his chair.

“We’ll come back in a few hours. We run the project for about four hours, sometimes longer, depends” They explained. Felix nodded, sparing a glance to Cry once more before pressing a button, causing the transparent glass to change, becoming only viewable from his side. Cry let out a deep, animalistic scream as he felt the energy course through him, coating his tongue in the disgusting flavour the electricity always held. His eyes burned once more, aching more than ever before. Perhaps it was because he had been given a break, because he believed that for a few months, he was something human but no. He was not.

He was their test subject.

That was always what he would be.