Chapter 33

The break room was somewhat empty when Felix finished making his drink. Moving over to a table, he took a seat, legs of the chair scraping across the tiling. He made himself as comfortable as he could on the somewhat cushioned seat, grumbling to himself as the hard wood underneath dug into him. He raised the cup to his lips, sipping and letting out a contented sigh as the liquid flowed down his throat. It warmed him inside, making his eyes close in bliss. A lazy hand moved to grab the clipboard, pulling it closer. Setting the cup down, Felix lifted the paperwork, looking to the sheet on the bottom. He sighed again, but this time not in contentment but in discomfort.

“You abandoned him. You confused him. You lied to him. You hurt him. You didn’t save him. You’re useless. You didn’t move to help him” He read, voice low and quiet for only his ears to know. His eyes began to water and he flipped back the pages, looking at the information sheets he was given for Cry’s situation.

The sheets did not have a name, only his identification number. Rough details like the date he had been taken in, the date of his birth, height, weight and other assorted details, most likely ones to aid in spotting him if he ever escaped again. It made the Swede feel slightly more discomforted than the chair was making him. His heart ached weakly and he tried to distract himself by looking to the television. What he saw instead tore his heart to shreds. Cry was screaming, his howls echoing in the room and overpowering the mood. The other men just watched idly, as if used to the torture and bored by it. Felix just stared, feeling his insides slowly corrode away but they completely vanished as the screen began to flash.

“I love when they power rush it!” Someone shouted, cheers of excitement rising up as Cry jolted with energy and then fell limp in his chair, the cycle repeating many many times.

“What the hell are they doing?!” Felix asked, rushing over to the others.

“Oh hey newbie, you haven’t been here for a power rush yet. Basically, they hold the power for two or three seconds then release it at once, giving triple the power” The man explained. Felix just stared, eyes wide in horror as he saw Cry’s body tense and relax with each shock. He still did not scream, he only turned to the camera in the room and stared. Felix swore his eyes were drilling holes into his soul, blaming and screaming at him silently. That aura of electricity that surrounded him slowly began to pulse, twisting and warping the air surrounding his form while those eyes just kept staring, kept drilling into his heart and soul.

“What...” Felix’s voice trailed as his eyes widened. The aura shrunk for a moment and Felix bolted, running to the metal paths. The other scientists looked at him strangely as he slammed into the doorframe.

“Get off the walkways!” He screamed, just as the screens of the television lit up.