Chapter 1

••Nicole Pov••
"NICOLE! TURN THAT SHIT MUSIC OFF!!!!" My mom yelled from the living room. I grabbed my iPod and turned it down some, still having it on a medium level.

Yes I know what your thinking. Why am I still living with my mother when I'm 19? I actually moved out when I was 17, but I had lost my job when my father died a year ago. My mom was the usual abuse to me when my father wasn't around, more so since he's gone.

I had no choice to move back in since my brother lived in Texas and we lived up in Ohio. My sister and I hate each other with a passion so moving in with her wouldn't work. And any other family member lived closer south.

I could hear my mothers footsteps coming down the hallway and watched as she bursted through the door, washed with rage. "DIDNT I TELL YOU TO TURN THAT SHIT MUSIC OFF?!" She yelled smacking me across the face.

"I turned it down at least! Why do you have to be such a bitch about it??" I yelled, rubbing my cheek and trying not to cry. She stormed out, slamming my bedroom door behind her. I walked into my bathroom, grabbing my phone and sitting on the floor. Yes I have a bathroom connected to my room.

I started scrolling through my notifications and saw that warped tour would be here within a week. The perfect time to get away from my mom. I got up and went to lay down on my bed, thinking of warped tour. How it would be great to get away from here.

******

*A Week Later*
I had finished getting my things together and decided to leave while my mom was at work. I woke up early as usual and went downstairs to eat breakfast. "Hey slut." My mom said walking into the kitchen. I glared at her as she walked around the counter to get a drink of coffee before leaving for work.

"This place better be clean by the time I get home. Mama's bringing home herself a new man." She chuckled as she walked out the door. I made a gross face and ran back to her room, looking for any sorts of cash I could.

I finished scanning the rest of the house and went back to my room, pulling out the saved money I've collected while I'm here. I counted the total up and found I had 726 in cash. I smiled and stuff it into my wallet, grabbed my phone and iPod and put them into my bag and hoped out the window, leaving a note for on the bed. The venue was about a good 30 minute drive from my house and I decided to get a taxi if I could.

Once at the venue, I paid the driver and walked inside, handing my ticket to the guards at the gate and walked inside. I could see swarms of people over by the tents and started making my way over there, hoping to find someone. And hoping they remembered me after two years.

I got to the tents and started walking around, making sure to take time looking at each one. Then I heard someone call my name. "Nicole?" A deep voice said. I turned around and smiled at who it was. Andy Biersack. Lead singer of bvb and my once best friend.

"Hey Andy." I said smiling, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. His face lit up with a smile as he pulled me in for a hug.

"It's so good to see you! You look great!" He said pulling back.

"Thanks. I was able to get away from my abusive mother and come here." His smile faded as he looked curiously at me. I started explaining everything as he kept nodding, paying close attention. It was so good to see him again, especially after so long. And for him to recognize me was even better.