The Reaping

All rights to Suzanne Collins!

----------------

After my morning training I go home to get ready for the reaping. Each year for the Hunger Games this is Prims first year.

Me and my mom have had a deal for so long if Prim ever got picked I'd volunteer right now I'm 17. I was born in District 2 but I'll talk all about that later.

I get home from morning training and go to get changed in my readings clothes a blue dress that was my moms and my mom braided my hair.

After we all get ready we head to the square and get our fingers pricked and all that stuff I zone out during the capitols video because I've heard it so many times. Then Effie Trinket one of my families friends say's," As usual ladies first!" she goes to the bowl and picks the name.

"Primrose Everdeen" wow my sister just got picked so this is my year to volunteer Okay.

Prim starts heading up to the stage when I head into the pathway the peacekeepers don't dare try to come and stop me because they know how strong I am I say," prim prim PRIM! she looks at me and says Katniss no!

I say the words I have always knew I'd say at some point," I volunteer I volunteer as tribute!

Effie's face went pale and took a shaken breath she already knew I was the victor right away. So I head up to the stage when I get up there she smiles at me and says "what's your name" "Katniss Everdeen" "I bet my hats that was your sister" "Yes"
Now for the boys "Peeta Mellark"

-----------------
My family goes to the justice building and says goodbye and see you soon they already know I'll win and prim gives me the mockingjay pin I have her that morning.
----------------------
Okay everyone my first chapter please comment and vote!!!!!
Thanks !