He Tells You He Killed Someone

i mean, he's an assassin, isn't he?

Altaïr: "Hey, you okay? You haven't said anything all day. Wait...are you cheating on me again?" you asked during movie night one night, his mind in other places.

"Wha- no, of course not," he said firmly. He was telling the truth, but lying about something else.

"What's wrong with you then?" you looked into his eyes with despair.

"(Y/n), you have to promise me something. Please," his voice cracked a little, which mean something was terribly wrong.

"What?" you finally sighed.

"I might've..." - cheated on you again, you thought - "killed someone."

You're eyes widened, you thought you'd soon be next. Dry mouthed, you got up off the sofa and backed away slowly.

"W-Why would you do that?!" you whispered.

"It-It was an accident, I swear!" protested, not making any sudden movements on you.

"An accident? An accident is not hiding the body. An accident is calling the police. An accident is not having a criminal record!" you flailed about; afraid of him, or what he'd do to you.

"I'm so sorry, I knew you'd act like this," he rubbed his eyes and sighed.

"Oh, but your so calm!" you breathed, about to hyperventilate. "Wait...you've...no..."

"What?" he breathed, hoping you wouldn't run off and scream bloody murder.

"You've...done this before?"

"(Y/n)...I didn't want you to know..."

"Great. Just great. I'm dating a killer!" you crossed your arms. Then, in dark humor, you pretended to pick up a phone and talk into it calmly. "Oh, hi mom, I'm fine. Just wanted to let you know that my killer boyfriend and I are just dying to visit you anytime soon!"

"(Y/n), please," he stood up abruptly, making you jump. "No one'll have to know."

You stared at him like he was an insane person. Hey, maybe he was!

"Tell me why you do this?" you asked, covering your mouth before you could cry.

"It's my job...sort of..."

"What, you get paid or something?"

"Eh, for certain people," he shrugged.

"I can't believe you, this 'person' could've had a family. What gives you the right to do that?" you shook your head in disbelief.

"(Y/n), crazy as it sounds, I was brought up this way. It's been in my family for generations. I know it's not practical for today's time, but it's a lifestyle. I don't kill people for the fun of it, I do it because it's my job. I'm like a soldier for a secret army. If you can't accept that...I'll leave. But really, in all honesty, I do it to protect you."

You stared at him for a long time, not sure of what to say to him, what to do. Slap him? Kick him out? Try to kill him before he kills you? No. You simply, without a word, went up to him and hugged him, letting out a long sigh.

Ezio: "Could you move off my side, please?" you nudged him on his side of the bed when he didn't move or speak, just kept quiet the whole time. "Hellooo?"

"Mi dispiace," he shifted over for you, returning his gaze to the ceiling.

"Is something wrong?" you yawned, snuggling closer to him, his heartbeat kind of funny.