Chapter 3

August P.O.V

4 weeks later

After that night that Nyla told me about her and Jason, me and her been hanging with each other since then. On that Monday on senior ditch day, we both were singing on the beach and it just so happen to be that record labels were there and they just so happen to hear the two of us singing. the labels kept in touch with us and now want to sign us both but as solo artist. Today was the day that we were supposed to decide which label to sign with and we have to sign to the same one. "Yo Nyla wake your skinny ass up." I shook the hell out of her. "No, five more minutes." "Nah come on N, we gotta get dressed and go to the meeting with the label." she sighed real loud then got up out the bed. We walked into the bath room and started handling our business like we did any other morning. When we finally got to the car we started talking. "Aug". I raised my eyebrow not taking my eyes of the road."so what label should we chose, both of them are very great labels and they really give great deals but I have no clue so what do you think?..." In my mind I honestly wanted to go with Columbia only because Beyoncé is signed to that label but I knew Def Jams could do everything for the both of us. "you know what I honestly think that we should go with Def Jam, they can give us exactly what we want and get it in the time that we need." I glance over and see a huge smile go across her face and she just stares at the side of my face. Sometimes I just want to slap her just to see if she is crazy or trying to get on my nerves.

Nyla P.O.V

After August said we should go with def jam I was automatically happy I started staring at the side of his when I know he doesn't like people to stare at him but I don't care right now. I kissed him on the side of the face while he goes on the breaks at the red light. "what was that for?" "Being an amazing brother.😄" "oh,ight" an awkward silence formed in the car, honestly now that I'm thinking about it I have no clue why I kissed him just now. for the past few months I been feeling a slight attraction to him but idk why I do. I have no clue if he feels the same way but I don't plan on asking him or trying to find out myself plus I have Jason even though right now we in a awkward space ourselves. When at school we don't spend as much time as we used to but me and him have a date later after the label meeting so I guess I can ask him about our relationship later. as far as August goes I honestly think that I might have more than a attraction for him, I think I'm catching feelings for him but I'm trying my best to stop them. all of a sudden I was brought out from my thoughts from August speaking. "N come on were here, I been saying that for about five minutes. get out of your thoughts and let's go." I got out and walked into the building with him walking in front of me. once the lady at the front desk directed us to the room we was going to have the meeting at, me and August sat there and waited for the 2 labels to come so that we can start the process with the label that we choose. "you actually look decent today" August says with a chuckle. "whatever man, fuck you, I look decent everyday what you mean.." "fuck me?? When and where I might meet you" he says laughing. "whatever August you know good and well I don't want yo ugly ass." I said knowing I was slightly lying. "that's what you say but do you mean it..." all I did was stare at him not saying a word. after awhile when I was about to say something the door open causing me to stop what I was about to say. Hey, how you all doing?" Rob Stringer the CEO of Columbia records says. "good" "good" the door opens again revealing Steve Bartels the other CEO. "so everybody ready to get down to business." we both nod. "so what label will it be" rob says going straight to it. August looks at me then at the two of them. "well me and Nyla thought long and hard about this and well we decided on def jam." rob sighs. "great choice good luck with your careers." we both nod and say thank you while rob walks to the door. "I'll keep in touch cause sooner or later this fool will mess something up." me and August laughs as he walks out the door. "ok with him being gone let's start signing the paper work. and we can start from there." August and I read over the paper work with our lawyers that were given to us and signed the papers. "alright now what we are going to do is try and get the two of you managers before next week. I will look for some for yall and I'll call yall when I get a few managers yall can choose from." we nod "oh and do the two of yall want the same manager?" August looks at me and answers without letting me get a input. "yea" he says using his deep accent. "ok well I'll get to looking and did the two of you know that yall have deep accents from your birth place." we chuckle and nod our head yes as Steve gets up and walks out. "omg I really can't believe we just did this shit." I said getting madd excited. "well get to believing it cause it's official now."