Chapter 12

August pov

"Umm I think I should let you know that....." I was interrupted from my phone ringing. It was my mother.

Mom- you must have forgotten I got cameras installed last week with voice recording. I knew you was gonna try to tell her but August you can't.

Me- momma she deserves to know the truth, not that not the whole truth shit you said.

Mom- for one boy watch that motherfucking mouth of yours and you don't even know the full truth yourself.

I looked at Nyla then got up and walked outside and down the drive way just in case she was tryna eves drop.

Me-so tell me the whole truth then

I heard a long ass sigh then some shuffling then she finally spoke.

Mom- well when I said that Nyla had an older sister that was part of the family. Mel is her brother in law.

I gasped as my chin damn near hit the ground.

Me- so you saying Chandra is her older sister and the girls are her nieces?

Mom- yah dumb ass boy that's what I'm saying. they got separated when Nyla was first born that's why she never knew about it. but the reason you can't say anything because Chandra said the next time she comes around that she thinks a it's gonna be time that she tells everything and why things were kept a secret and the honest truth.

Me- ma but she honestly think that she would have had a younger sister

Mom- I know she can't know that she was the youngest and the three year old girl was the middle child that died and so did her twin. August baby things happen for a reason and you know that reason.

Me- yah ma, the government was gonna try and take all the children if her parents had more than one child because of her fathers past I get it.

Just then I seen Nyla walk down the driveway.

Me- ma look I gotta go she coming but when is Chandra coming back in town?

Mom- next Thursday bye my break is over

We both hung up just in time to be walking up to me. "so wassup, what you had to tell me?" I looked at her trying to pretend like I didn't remember. "um I don't remember but let's get back inside." she looked at me with the side eye all the way down the drive way. we got back inside to finish what we was doing when Chandra called me.

Me- hey

"Who's that August?" Nyla said. "Cha." she smiled. "tell my girl I said wasssssup baby." I laughed and nodded.

Me- Nyla said wasssssupp Baby

Chandra laughed then talked.

Chandra- I know you can't say much cause you are around her but August please don't say a thing about nothing I need to tell her myself plus I decided to come early some things are not going as planned. in my parents will to me when they died I was supposed to tell Nyla everything at her 30th birthday but I guess she'll be getting it at 19 since the two of y'all's birthday is in a few months.