Chapter 22

Nyla pov 4 weeks later

Jerome has been in the hospital for the longest amount or time. He woke up from his coma a few times but always fell back into it. Today he came back out of it and I was going to see him. The last time he understood why I couldn't come everyday and that's because the doctors don't want Brittney around this certain area with contagious sick people. The case went pretty fast for the most part with the added info that he almost killed Jerome , Brandon is going to jail for life without parole and if Jerome dies he's going to be put to death. Even though I'm highly pissed by what was done, I don't think u should die. I rather have him suffer in prison but it wasn't my choice so I'm okay with it. I got in the shower and washed my body and hair. I got out and put on black undergarments, a shirt that says I love Brittney, dark colored washed jeans and black sandals. I went to get Brittney from out of my bed since I been having her sleep with me since I miss Jerome. I washed her up and dressed her in a I love mommy onesie in purple, a jean skirt and sandals. My baby is almost 3 months and I'm so happy. I put her in her car seat and took me and her outside. I put her in and got in driving to the hospital. I got there and seen people rushing into his room and I started getting scared a little. Jerome's parents came out and saw me walking to me. "What's going on?" I asked. "Um well Jerome was talking to us and his heart rate started going down and he started to fall asleep." I nodded and we went to the waiting room. Momma G played and feed Brittney while I just sat there staring into space. Hours went by and nothing has happened. "Family of Jerome Garcia." A doctor came out and stood by the door. I stood up and so did his parents. "And you guys are?" He asked. "I'm his wife and these are his parents." He nodded and sighed. "Well I'm so sorry to say this but Jerome had a series of seizures and didn't make it. Im sorry for your lost." He said walking away. I immediately fell to the ground and started crying. I can't believe he's gone. No he can't be, why him. I loved him so much despite our little problems. I'm going to be a single mother, Brittney will never to get to know her dad. I can't, why is this going on right now. I cried and felt someone wrap they arms around me. "It's going to be okay." Jerome's dad said. He reminded me so much of Jerome. They had similar personalities. He sat me up and I seen Jerome's parents won't really crying. They usually don't cry over deaths because they take it as the person going to a better place. "Nyla baby you just have to be strong for little Brittney and Jerome will always have a place in your heart. Hell Brittney is almost his twin so u shouldn't have that hard of a time not remembering him." Momma g said and I started crying more. Brit looked so much like Jerome they was almost identical. "We will always be there for you baby, just try your best an live your life. And we just want you to know that Jerome said if he did die he wants you to move on to the one you should be with." His father said and I nodded. I looked at Brittneys happy face and her dimples like her dad, and everything else and smiled. "Um Imma go home, I can't stay here any longer." I said. They nodded and hugged me. "Drive safe and we will deal with anything for the hospital." I nodded. "I'll pay for the funeral and stuff and I'll start working on it tomorrow." I said walking away with Brittney. I put her in her car seat and drive home. I seen my lights on so I'm guessing August is over and that's good I really don't want to be left alone. I got Brittney and walked inside to the kitchen. August was near the stove cooking what looked like jambalaya. "Hey." I said and he turned around. "Wassup... Why was you crying?" I sighed and felt some more tears coming down. "I don't want to talk about it right now, I'll be back tho." I said and went upstairs. I took off my clothes and changed in pajama pants and a tee shirt. I took of Brittneys clothes and just put on a purple onesie with her name on it. I walked downstairs and placed her in her swing in the kitchen. "Is it almost done?" I asked and he nodded. "10 more minutes. Now tell me wassup." He said and I sighed. "Um well I'm a widow." I said looking down. I felt the tears coming down my cheek. August came over and hugged me. "I'm sorry baby girl, you'll get through this alright." "Brittneys never going to get to know her dad, he loved her so much man." I said in between sobs. I cried for a while till I heard Brittney crying. "You can finish the food, Imma get my child." I went to get Brittney. I picked her up and cradled her humming. I got her settled down and got a bottle from the fridge and warmed it then feed it to her. "The food is done." August said making our plates. I put Brittney back down and went to the table. I ate and kept eyeing the seat Jerome always say in. Tears filled my eyes as I ate. Good thing August was too busy on his phone to notice cause I don't want to talk. I finished and washed my dish, I took Brittney to her room and put her to sleep walking to my own. I opened the door and just looked around. I seen one Of Jerome's hoodies on the bed. I cried some more and got a major headache. I started packing up his clothes as I cried more and more. Right now I didn't care about the head ache. "Nyla I'm in the living room if you need me." I heard August yelled from downstairs. I got some boxes and put all of his things in them and finished with all of his stuff after about two and a half hours. I looked at my basically half empty room and sighed. I don't even want to be here anymore. I went downstairs and to the built in studio. I closed the door and turned on music blasting it. I sat on the floor in the corner and just cried. Why out of all people did it have to be Jerome. Why him, why not me. He didn't deserve that, Brandon came back to kill me for going to the cops not Jerome. Fuck this shit I can't do it anymore. Everything here is just fucked up, I can't deal no more. "Get up Nyla, stop doing this to yourself. I know he just died not to long ago but you can't let death eat away at you like this." August said. I looked up seeing him standing there. I nodded and got up. What am I going to do with a 3 month old baby by myself if I don't even know how to hold myself together without Jerome by my side.