Chapter 20

August pov

Right now I'm watching these two argue for like the 100th time this month. Me and Nyla birthday was 2 weeks and it was turnt like a mother fucker. Me and Nyla supposed to be going to the studio and Brittney too but Jerome was like the last time we brought Brittney she smelled like weed. That's my fault because I left out the studio and went outside to smoke a blunt and when I can back in Brittney was crying and Nyla was in the bathroom so I was helping out. "Jerome wasn't nobody smoking around my child." Nyla yelled. I just had Brittney on my lap and she was just staring at me. "Oh so she not my kid no more. What u trying to say u been cheating on me. Who's her dad, that dude u was cheating on me with, shit August just might be her dad I don't know." Jerome said looking at me. "nah nigga she was 3 months when we did anything so don't bring me in that mess." I said. "So who's her father Nyla?" She started crying. "Jerome I didn't cheat and get pregnant like u did with Simone alright, your ass is I can't believe U would question that." "I want a DNA test." Nyla stood there looking at Jerome. "Are you serious Jerome, ur questioning her paternity?" He nodded. "Most definitely am." "Wow, u know if ur dead serious about this it's the end of everything between us. U really don't believe she's yours?" "I don't know what to think." "Jerome out of all things to question, you question Brittney. Ok we going to take the test me and u r done. All the way, find somewhere to stay cause it won't be here. Be gone by the time I come back." She took Brittney from me and walked upstairs. "Damn, did I just say that shit?" He asked me. "Sho did and u bought to be single." "Damn, I ain't even mean that shit I was only mad." I shrugged. "Well even if u tell her that she ain't gonna listen, u just questioned the paternity of a child that u know is yours. U messed ur shit up just know she gonna file for divorce cause she been thinking bout it." He sighed and sat down. "Damn divorced in less than 3 months of marriage. Shit I fucked up everything." He put his Hands on his face. "Hurry up and get the fuck out Jerome." Nyla yelled. "Baby I'm sorry." "No sorry is something u say after accidentally cutting someone with a pair of scissors. U just fucking tore my heart and Brittneys open with a knife. Me and u r done, get as much of ur stuff out now and leave. I'll send the divorce papers to your parents house by the end of the week, we will work something out with Brittney and we can schedule a paternity test for tomorrow here and That's when u get the rest of your stuff. Good Bye." She said putting Brittney in her car seat. "Let's go August before my child starts crying." She walked out after that. "Well I guess your not my brother in law anymore but I know some people that can help you move out." I said before walking out. I drove to the studio and it was silent the whole ride other than her talking to Brittney. We got to the studio and went to our usual room. I wasn't making no music right now just helping her produce her mess. She took Brittney out of her car seat and held her in her arms. "Alright so I have a few beats left on a track I was going to begin last week. Just start it and I already know the lyrics." She said and I nodded. "Ight." I started the track and let it play as she sung along.

Have you ever loved somebody so much
It makes you cry
Have you ever needed something so bad
You can't sleep at night
Have you ever tried to find the words
But they don't come out right
Have you ever, have you ever

Have you ever been in love
Been in love so bad
You'd do anything to make them understand
Have you ever had someone steal your heart away
You'd give anything to make them feel the same
Have you ever searched for words to get you in their heart
But you don't know what to say
And you don't know where to start

That's what she started singing and it was nice.(song in multimedia just in case you don't know it.) she went threw the rest of the song and I liked it. She finished and got up with a sleeping Brittney. "Alright let's just cut the time short I need to go see my lawyer." She said walking to one of the couches. "You serious about divorce?" She nodded. "I been thinking bout it for awhile, I mean I know it's early in our marriage and many people deal with a lot of problems during the first years but he did the one thing I thought he would never do and I will never forgive him for that. I just don't think it's working for us, everything was fine before we got married but when we did he felt like he just controlled everything and that's not going to work." She kept on talking and I did not notice Jerome standing by the door listening. The nigga looked heartbroken by what she was saying but that ain't my business, that's how I know marriage ain't for me. He finally walked in after listening for awhile and looked at Nyla but she ain't look at him. "Nyla can I talk to you?" He said and she shook her head. "Nyla we really need to talk." She shrugged but ain't say shit. "Yo N stop playing mother fucking games, that's yo kids father whether he deny it or not and yall niggas love each other and don't say u don't cause I know u do. Talk to the dude cause yall need to fix yall shit if you try make yall thing work now talk to his ass before I beat yours Ight. I'll be in the hallway." I said then walked out. Them mother fuckers going to have one hell of a marriage.