|Eight.|

\\ Isaac

"Dad, really. I'm okay." I stood by the side, holding Alice as Scott talked to his dad.

"I should've been here. And I said I would be at the games." Agent McCall says.

"Well, I mean this was just a pre-season scrimmage. I didn't even tell you about it." Scott says.

"But I promised your mom I'd be around so she could pick up some double shifts at the hospital. I should've been here."Agent McCall says.

"You're here now." Scott says.

I hear Alice growl lowly and I follow her gaze over at Violet who was being handcuffed by Parrish.

"Jordan Parrish?" She smirks, looking at his name tag.

"Deputy Parrish." He clarifies as they start walking .

Liam shows up just as Agent McCall walks away.

"Where's Kira?" Scott asks him.

"She took off." Liam explains. "Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the Dead Pool."

"Her mom's on it." Scott says.

"Everyone's on it. Isaac you're on it." Liam says.

I shrug. "Eh, not surprised."

"But Liam. You're not." I tell him.

"Not yet. There's still another third, right?" Liam says but I couldn't help but overhear Agent McCall talking to Violet.

" Thermo-cut wire's... a very unusual weapon, Violet." Agent McCall says as he holds up her necklace. " Now, we've got a file at the bureau on something similar. Used in over a dozen murders."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I just go to school here." Violet says.

"Maybe we should call your parents then. Oh, no... That's right. You don't have any parents." Agent McCall says. " That's why they call you The Orphans. We need to find her boyfriend, Garrett."

As Parrish leads Violet down the hall, I notice her smirking at Scott and then she stops, narrowing her eyes at Alice a bit.

"Let me guess, you must be the famous Alice Argent." She smirks. "Oh, I heard about your mother. Former deceased hunter. That's too bad though."

"Let's go Violet." Parrish pushes her forward, making her continue to walk.

"You're worth a lot of money, sweetheart. If I succeeded in taking out Scott, you would've been next on my list." She says as she passes by, making Alice growl softly. "If I were you, Isaac, I'd keep her on a tight leash !"

*¬*

"When are you gonna learn how to knock ?" I smirk, standing in front of Derek in the living room of the apartment.

"When pigs fly." He answers.

"Uncle Derek !" Alice runs towards him.

"Hey, kiddo." He smiles, picking her up.

"Well this is Beacon Hills, home of the rare possible impossibilities." I chuckle. "So, why are you here ?"

"I need help, more specifically Alice's help." He says, tickling her a bit but then stops to sigh. " Brett's still out of it. I need to find his pack and warn them about the Dead Pool."

"So what do you need Alice for?" I ask.

"I know a little something about this pack. They have a kind of secret meeting place in the woods. Newbreeds especially rare breeds like her kind. Their senses are more heightened than the average werewolves. This is Brett's." He sets her down, going in the inside of his jacket, pulling out a lacrosse jersey. "Alice, breathe it in."