17. The clock strikes.

I roll onto a wood floor similar to the one I just left. I made it.

"I made it! Ha! Take that Purgatory sons of-"

"Excuse me. Riley? Are you really the Vision?"

I turn to an old man in a rocker. His thin beard staggled over his bowtie and his face wrinckled, but it was my Doctor that I knelt in front of.

"Yeah, hi honey." I kissed his cheek.

"It's been so long. I thought you were dead until I found this." He reached into a pocket and pulled out the watch I opened almost ten years ago.

"Here it's yours." He pushed it into my hands and I put it into my pocket.

"I opened it already." I took his hand and put it on my collar.

"Two hearts." He smiled as I nodded.

"Where is the Tardis? Surely you could leave?"

"Nah! Not while the enemies are still fighting. 500 years I've protected this town. I'm not going to give up easily." He started to get up as there was a small explosion from outside.

"I got this one." He started to get out his Sonic when I whipped mine out.
"Ah." He sighed as I ran out of view. Then I flew behind the aliens. Four red, suckery zygons.

"So I suppose you are used to the Doctor's no kill policy?"

They startled and faced me, but I had already jumped over them.

"You are the replacement for the old man?" The leader asked.

"No. I'm his wife." I press my palms to two flat heads and kill the leader and his second. "And I'm not ashamed of killing those who would kill me." I say as I plunge my blade into another Zygon. The fourth shifted and formed into an almost perfect copy of me.

"You missed a few things." I flashed my eyes and cast my winged shadow on the church doors. Then I beheaded myself. "Well that was theraputic. Same time next week?" I then fly around the town searching for any others. I find two weeping angels and drop in front of them.

"Hello ladies. Not portraying real angels very well are we? I'm not one to talk either I suppose. You wanna see what a real angel looks like?" I place my hands on them, close my eyes and show myself as their quantum locking disables. After two seconds they are dust at my feet.
...

"I'm back! I brought some bananas and pears."

"Eew pears. Bananas are good though." We laughed.

It continued like this for a hundred years. The crack still asked Doctor Who?, but now it asked me Riley what?. We ignored it. We passed the time by talking and fighting monsters. I tried to share my strength with his, but being disconnected from heaven, hell, and purgatory weakened even me over time. During the last days I could do good to fight three hours without getting winded.

One day we were talking about how old we were.
"How much longer will you live after I'm gone? How many regenerations?" He asked me. Our Green eyes met.

"I don't have any left. I gave them to my husband."

" Let's make a deal. When we go, we go together."

"I'm an angel, technically I'm immortal except for murder by an angel blade."

"And you've been everywhere except earth or heaven for the past century. Just humour a mad old man."

"Without his box." I smiled and got up.
"Let's go. Off to bed, tomorrow is Christmas and I want to bake a ham." He got up and followed me to the bedroom where I helped him get dressed for bed. His shaking hands won't allow him to work with buttons anymore.