pools

M.c -

The dark hallways of the hotel (I'd call it a motel) were intimidating. It felt like no one was here except us and the fact that no one knew we were here added to the eeriness. Although there was a certain excitement to being invisible when it usually felt like the whole world could see you.

I made my way to the clear doors that led to the pool area outside. Luke wasn't down yet so I threw my towel onto a lawn chair and entered the jacuzzi. I began to close my eyes just before I heard shoes squeaking out the doors.

I looked up seeing Luke walking over giving me a smile. He pulled his black tee shirt over his head and set it down on a chair along with his towel.

"Want a beer?" He asked walking one over to me, knowing the answer.

"Is it hot?" He asked kicking his shoes off as well.

"I think that's the point hun." I said, a little more flirtatiously then I meant to.

I cleared my throat awkwardly as he giggled.

He lowered himself carefully into the water like a wimp and swam to the opposite side. We sat there quietly for a while sipping our beers.

"I wonder what cal and ash are up to." He mumbled

"Cal's probably got a girl in his room already." I laughed

Luke cleared his throat. "I'm surprised you don't yet."

"I did earlier."
"You did?"

"Yeah a blonde one with a lip ring." I said taking a swig.

"Shut up." He splashed some water in my face.

We fell awkwardly silent again.
"Mike can I ask you something?" He sat his beer down.

"I guess."
"Will you answer honestly?"
"Maybe."
He scratched his jaw.

"Do you uh...like boys?" He asked carefully.

I bit my cheek in my mouth. "No, I like girls."

"And boys?" he looked at me innocently like he didn't want to piss me off.

"No.. why- why would you think that?"
He immediately got very nervous.

"I uh I don't know I just sometimes feel like there's this weird thing with us I don't know what I'm saying but uh never mind."

I stared at him with wide eyes.
We were quiet.
"Do you like boys, Luke?"

"No..no I don't but I like you." His eyes fluttered up to me. "Not like that - oh god never mind."

"Let's drop it." I looked down at the water.

"Yeah I'm uh gonna head back to my room." He said and I knew he was humiliated.

I nodded as he got out of the water, quickly getting his things and walking inside. I had no idea what had just happened and I also had no idea how to feel about it.