Chapter Three// Management

"You can't stop us from being friends!" I exclaimed to management finally after a long discussion with them. "No. we can't, but you cannot date on any circumstances," Anthony, the boys' manager replied and Calum quickly interjected, "but what if we want to. What are you going to do then?" "You won't, believe me. Not unless you both want to get dropped from your record deals?" Helen, my manager threatened Calum and I.

Both of our faces went blank as soon as they said that as we realised the extremes it could go too. We both weren't willing to give up our careers, which were what we had wanted for so long; it was just too much. "I'm quite happy to just be friends with him as I know we both don't want to mess up our careers, but can we at least have an explanation as to why it's not allowed?" "Yeah," Calum added.

"The whole reason is because of your careers," Helen started to explain.

Calum and I both looked at each other with puzzled expressions. Anthony then carried on, "if you dated it would be all fine and hunky dory at first, yeah? I'm all up for young love, but what's going to happen when you both go on tour, because it is actually coming up for the both of you." We nodded and Helen carried on, "when you go on tour you're going to be apart for a very long time and it will affect you. Also what would happen if you break up?" "That will also affect you both really badly and distract as you would both be heartbroken, especially if it ended on bad terms, we can't risk your careers for that because you are both at a great part in your careers and have a lot of good things to come," Anthony added.

"We just really can't have anything mess up your careers now because you are also so young. We're not trying to be a pain in the ass even though it seems like it. We just want what's best for you, and you never know what the future may hold for you both either so let's just see how things work out okay?" Helen questioned. We both spoke "okay," and got up to leave, as we weren't particularly in the mood. "Don't forget you can be friends!" they shouted but we ignored them.

As we were walking there was an uncomfortable silence between us but I decided to end it as it was unbearable."Erm, want to go out for lunch? Friend," I said a little bit sad that my friendship with Calum couldn't go any further.

We stepped into the lift and there was still silence as Calum didn't answer me until he said, "Oh fuck 'em," as he pinned me against the wall of the lift and kissed me. I instantly kissed back and couldn't help but think about how wrong this was as a whole but also how right it felt in the moment. We heard the ding of the lift go off signalling we had reached the bottom floor of the building. We quickly composed ourselves as we tried to catch our breath from our heated make out session.

"Lunch?" Calum asked me as we walked out, "yeah," I said still a little bit startled about what just happened moments ago.

A/N Things have escalated pretty quickly lmao