Chapter Twenty-Two // Birthday

Today I've been woken up against my will, forced to shower and get dressed to go out with Sierra. I don't see the point; I have no motivation to do anything but Sierra has insisted because it my 'birthday'.

I'm now sat at our breakfast bar sipping on my coffee with a scowl on my face as I would much rather be in my bed right now. I feel totally overdressed right now; technically it's nothing different from what I would usually wear but I haven't been out properly, for any reason other than food, for three months so I'm pretty much used to leggings, sweats and baggy t-shirts now.

"I know you don't want to do anything for your birthday, but I'd like to take you out today for your birthday as I love you very much, and I feel like I owe you this for everything you've done for me over the past 6-9 months," "honestly you don't have to," "I feel I do, and I really want to take you out. I know you're sad but I miss you so much. Can we just have a nice best friends shopping day and forget any talk about boys and boyfriends?" "And ex-boyfriends," I replied bitterly, "yeah, sorry," "it's fine, let's go," I force a smile at Sierra.

I do feel bad for the way I'm treating sierra, she's been doing her best to cope with me considering how I've been acting since everything happened. I know she's only trying to do something nice for me since it's my birthday, so I'm going to try and enjoy myself today as I have missed her too.

-

Today was the most fun I've had in a while. I missed my best friend and the fun we used to have before things got hectic and then depressing. We shopped for what felt like hours and she managed to put me in the best mood I've been in for a while. I got so many new clothes and she paid for my outfit for tonight.

We had just finished our meal at my favourite restaurant and I was told we were going home quickly to get ready put on our new outfits then go out for pre-drinks at my favourite bar, then go out to a club for the rest of the night. Earlier on if she had of told me she wanted to do this, I would have protested and stayed home but now I'm in such a good mood I can't wait to go out.

After I've showered, I do my make-up and slip on my outfit. My outfit consists of a black tight dress that hugs all my curves and goes to my mid-thigh; I pair them with a pair of black Christian Louboutins stilettos, black clutch bag and I'm all ready to go.

We arrive at the bar and from the outside it looks pretty dead, "is it even open?" I ask curiously, "Yes of course it is," "it doesn't look like it," "Savannah just come on," Sierra drags me inside. I follow her through the door and the lights are off. I feel around for Sierra but she's gone, "Sierra, what the fuck," "SURPRISE," I hear loads of people scream as the lights flash on and I'm surrounded by loads of family and friends. I see my mom, dad brother and his wife and run over to them to greet them. I give them all huge hugs and fight the happy tears that want to spill.

"Savannah, there's one more surprise," my Mom says as she points to the other side of the room behind me.