Chapter Twenty-Three // Surprise

I turned around confused to see what she's on about and I'm completely surprised, shocked, excited and amazed at who I'm seeing in front of me.

I freeze and just stare as Calum is actually standing there in the flesh, right before my eyes with his famous mischievous smirk on his face. He flashes his award winning smile whilst opening his arms out, beckoning for me to come over to him. My hands are fixated over my mouth still shocked as tears are starting to come out of my eyes. I briskly walk over to him wrapping my arms around his neck hugging him tightly, not fully believing he was actually there.

I feel Calum slowly lift me off the ground and I wrap my lags around his waist for one of our favourite ways to hug. We're squeezing each other so tight at this point, soaking up one another's presence, as all of our love pours back into each other. "I hope those are happy tears," Calum speaks softly to me in my ear; I remove my head from the crook of his neck to look into his beautiful chocolate eyes, grinning like a maniac nodding my head enthusiastically. I slowly remove my legs from around his waist putting my feet back onto the ground as calum says, "Happy Birthday babygirl," "Thank you Calum," I reply before crashing my lips onto his.

We share a loving lip lock before being brought back into reality by the cheers of the guests at my surprise party. We pull away grinning before I shy away and bury my head into Calum's chest embarrassed that everyone just saw mine and Calum's first exchange in 6 months.

Sierra hands me a microphone mouthing 'speech' to me and I take it from her before speaking, "erm, hi guys, sorry about that," I giggle nervously then carry on, "thank you all for coming. Thank you sierra for arranging this, and well yeah, I hope you all have a good time, love you all." I give sierra back the microphone and then I'm suddenly being taken away to a secluded seating corner of the room by calum.

"Hi," he says shyly, "hey," I reply. There's silence before we both say at the same time, "I've missed you," causing us both to chuckle. We are about to carry on our conversation but before we can we are interrupted by Helen.

"Happy birthday Savannah," "thank you Helen," I reply, "I'm just going to get right to it. I would like to apologise to you on behalf of me and Anthony, as we did to calum, about stopping you from seeing Calum as it would 'affect' your career's. We were completely wrong, you were right. Breaking you up was far worse, as your relationship was fine and wasn't getting in the way of your careers as you did a perfect job of keeping it a secret. We should have just let you keep it a secret from the media only. I hope this whole thing hasn't ruined your relationship with each other because of us, even though from what I just saw 5 minutes ago I'm pretty sure it hasn't," she winked at me, "thank you for your apology, and you're right, it most certainly has not," "you're welcome dear. Enjoy the rest of your party and don't forget back to work Monday," she joked, "I won't, don't worry."

I turned back to calum to see he was focusing on his hand he had placed on my thigh. I placed my hand over it to gain his attention which worked as he averted his eyes to me, "well that was a nice apology," "yeah it was," he genuinely smiled. "When did they apologise to you?" I asked, "Yesterday," "oh, what was your reaction?" "I was so happy but obviously I had to keep my cool," he joked earning a playful slap on the chest from me, "no but seriously I was so happy, I wanted to text you straight away but I thought it'd be better to surprise you here as I had heard from Luke that Sierra had planned you this party, in aid of cheering you up by inviting your family and friends. This was the better and more special opportunity than a stupid text," he smiled happily at me.

We sat there for a few minutes in a comfortable silence just holding each other's hands enjoying each other's presences before calum spoke, "I wish they would have told us sooner," "me too," I sigh. "Oh, I almost forgot your gift," he says causing me to remove my head from his chest, "gift?" I question. "Yeah," "Calum you didn't have to get me anything, you surprising me was enough," "I know, but I have to get my princess something special on her birthday don't I," he replies causing a massive amount of butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

Calum reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a velvet box saying, "happy birthday." I take the gift from his hand and open it to reveal a silver necklace with the letter 'C' dangling from it, encrusted in diamonds. "Oh my god Calum, I love it," "I'm glad," "can you put it on me please," "of course baby," he replies taking the necklace from my hands and putting it on me. I turned back around and kissed Calum on the lips passionately before pulling away.

"Savannah, will you be my not-so-secret girlfriend?" Calum asked smiling like an idiot, I smiled back before replying, "Erm, I'll have to think about," I said remembering when he asked me to be his secret girlfriend causing us both to laugh. After a minute I said, "Yes Calum. I will be your not-so-secret girlfriend."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N This was the last chapter :( there is an epilogue don't worry xxx