Chapter 6: Life As A Privateer

Lun

So now I was a privateer. A hunter of pirates and protector of the sky, or something. Thats how Chief and his crew sees themselves anyway. They went around killing pirates and 'helping' other ships in the sky. And I was one of them. It wasn't that hard really, everyday I spent with them I was one day closer to finding Crona and the rest of the Rulers. I am going to destroy them even if it kills me. It was the only thing driving me forward.

Like the Chief said I couldn't return to the Overworld no matter how hard I tried. They did think I was an imposter as I didn't have any documents proving my name. Everyone thought I was dead. My friends and family. Not that I had many in the first place. Being dead wasn't that bad, I mean no one came looking for me and my mother's name wouldn't be soiled by my actions.

Life as a one of Chief's crew wasn't that bad either. He seemed to find me interesting so I traveled on his ship. Not to mention that I was actually okay at piloting the ship. Sue the Captain of the ship couldn't understand why I didn't need any training and nether did I. But no one else asked, they all thought it was natural talent which I suppose it must of been. I also was quite good with a sword but even better with a gun. Anything that weapon that had something to do with shooting I was excelled at. While I was terrible at mapping I was amazing at star reading. This meant that I took the night shifts and Sue took the day ones. Together we made a great team. During the day I helped with raids and fighting.

Oh I forgot to mention that the reason Chief had wings is because he is a Fae. An immortal fairy though don't ever call him a fairy to his face. Most of the crew know nothing about their leader. His age unknown and his real name. Not to mention why he is here and not in his own land. When I ever I try to bring it up he just laughs and says that my tiny human brain would never understand. Sometimes I really hate him.

It took me four years to become his third in command. Sue was his second and of course he was his first. Over the years I have changed not physical mind you but emotionally. I'm still going to find Crona and kill her as she killed my mother but I am also going to kill anyone who wishes to hurt those I care about. Which I'll admit is a small group of people who can mostly take care of themselves but still. Everyone else can fuck themselves.

Then Captain went missing. To be honest I couldn't care less about her but the Rulers are responsible so I am going to find her. I am also doing it because Chief asked me to but that's not important. Of course I thought I'd go alone so when the Chief told me that I'd be working with two others I was pissed. I don't need any help but there was no persuading him. Especially because Mera is one of them. Why he likes the little vampire I'll never know. She is tiny and useless. All she is here for is to lead us that I am almost sure of. Not to mention how creepy her eyes are and he white hair. And don't even get me started on Elryria. Vita, I hate her already. Her annoying voice and that stupid fox on her shoulder. Ugh! I wish she would just fuck off.

Who knows how long I am going to have to put up with the two of them. Why'd couldn't Captain's familiars be in all the same place? Why separate them? It just makes my life more annoying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would you hurry up?" Elryria saied from behind me "I've already made your boots waterproof what more do you need?"

"Its not me who is being slow" I complain "Its the vampire"

"Would you to be quiet?" the vampire whispered

"Why?" I called out making her jump and turn and glare at me. Her red eyes pierced my own and I turned away 

"Why?" she whispered angrily "Because Odessa's troops are ahead of us and you two are wanted"