Chapter 2

*Margret's POV*

Today was like an ordinary day. I'm in the kitchen making breakfast and everyone else is still asleep. Wiping my hands on the towel beside me, I began to the bottom of the stairs. "Guys?" I yelled. I had no response so I tried again, "Guys? Are you getting up?" I said walking up the stairs. I sometimes feel like I'm talking to the walls. I made it to the last stair and heard lots shuffling. Putting my hand on my daughter's bedroom door knob, I began to opening the door when the phone rang. I rolled my eyes and started towards it. I hope this is important.

*Sophie's POV*

My eyes shot open as I heard my mom's footsteps come up the stairs. Damn David. "David...David! Wake up." I whispered/shouted at him. He finally opened his eyes and shot out of bed the exact same time as me. As I ran over to my desk, I could hear my mom getting closer. I pulled up the pants. Why are my pants so big? Wait a second... I glanced at David and saw him struggling. I have his pants!!! I hurried out of them and grabbed mine and pulled them up. We both froze at the sound of the phone ringing. We waited until we heard her footsteps disappear. We suddenly started laughing. I turned to find my shirt when I was pulled against David's chest and he moved to my ear and whispered, "We, uh...we didn't get to finish what we started." He smirked at me. I pushed him away giggling, "You need out of here." He laughed and went to the window. He stopped and looked back at me smiling, "Later Jones." I bent down and grabbed his shoes, throwing them at him. Wow he's hot.

*Margret's POV*

"Hello?" I said into the phone. "Hey Marg. Sorry for disturbing you." He sympathetically. I let out a breath. Gotta love this guy. Lou is one of the workers at the Juvenile Detention Center. My best friend. "Lou you're not disturbing me. What's going on?" I asked into the phone. "I got someone here I know you're gonna want to meet. The kid showed up this morning and she's right up your ally." I smiled. "Meaning no one else wants to treat her."

"No, no, its not like that. Nobody knows where she came from exactly, but she seems sharp and she's..." He paused for a moment. I raised my eyebrow. He sighed, "Look, you gotta see her for yourself." "I'll stop by at 10:00 tomorrow." "Um, this afternoon okay?" He asked nervously. I actually wanted to stay home with my husband and children but the niceness took over. "I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and headed upstairs.

*Derrick's POV*

What an amazing morning. I hurried downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed one of mom's awesome pancakes. I looked up and saw my big, ugly, chubaca looking sister walk in. "Ah its alive!" She rolled her eyes and said, "Bite me." "No, thanks. That's David's job." I smiled at her. She hit my arm. "Shut up, dweeb!" Dad came into the room. "David? What happened to Mike Suby?" He asked her. Before she could answer, I beat her to it. "Old news. David's her flavor of the month." I smirked. "Or the week, in Miss Skankys case."

"Knock it off." Dad exclaimed. He turned his attention back to Sophie. "So, who's this David guy?" He raised his eyebrows at her. "He's just a friend." She quickly answered. "He's having a party this week. Can I take the car?" She sat down. "We'll see." Mom appeared. "Sorry guys. I have to go out for a bit." "Go out?" "Lou just called." "Margret its Sunday." She sighed and hugged him. "I know but its urgent and sounds like a really special case." "They always are!" I spat at them.

She ignored my comment kissed dad and said, "Save some pancakes for me, okay." She walked out of the house.

*Emma's POV*

I ended up in a big room with a lot of people. Let me tell you, there are a lot of them. Suddenly, a blue thing was shoved into my hands. It had food on it. As I walked into a bigger room with tables, I got stares from people. I found a place with two girls. One said, "Yeah, let's go girl." They got up and left. For some reason, the more people I saw, the more alone I felt. I lifted my head and saw a young dark-skinned girl. She noticed me looking and rolled her eyes. She spoke. "Yo, let's get some juice down here." I continued to stare at her. "Sup? Everyone taking stupid pills around here?" She raised her voice. "Juice me!" Someone finally went up to her and gave her some juice. She nodded and began eating I observed her eating. I looked down at mine and picked up my fluffy, muffin as they call it. Most of our time is spent trying to lesson the pains of life. I was about to learn how to quash hunger. I raised it to my mouth and took a bite. As I chewed, I felt a feeling I have never felt before. The sweet taste of the muffin in my mouth was phenomenal. It was unrealistic. I took another bite letting the taste continued to dance in my mouth. I looked at the girl, wondering if she felt the same wonder as I.

"See something you like punk?" I looked at her in shock. "You gonna see my fist if you don't stop eyeballing me." She said raising her voice. I heard the other girl sitting beside her and looked just like her say, "Kick her ass." I still stared and took another bite out of my muffin. She aggressively got up and marched over me. The same man that brought me here grabbed her shoulder. "Be cool, Sam. She can't understand a word you say. She aint dissin' you." He attempted to calm her down. "Aright." She turned but stopped. "She keeps staring at me, im gonna have to kick her sorry ass." She fired back at him with anger in her voice. I had no reason to fear this person, but she reminded me of the snake in the woods just before it struck. She gave me a glare and walked away/ I took another bite and ate everything else.

I was in another room as soon as I was done eating. I saw different colored sticks and paper. I started getting images from things I've seen before. Memories. But I just had to get them out of my head.

*Margret's POV*

When I walked into the Art Room, I saw Lou and a teenage girl with short brown hair and grey eyes with crayons repeatedly pounding them on the paper. Lou came and hugged me. "Thanks for coming by to see her." "Does 'her' have a name?" He sighed. "The paperwork said 'Daisy Doe' for the time being." I laughed, "Daisy Doe. What's a beautiful girl like that doing with a dead woman's name?" I asked looking her up and down. She is beautiful. Its sad that she doesn't remember anything. Lou turned back to me and said, "She kind of reminds me of my cousin Emma. She got all the looks in the family." I giggled and pat his shoulder. "That's perfect. Emma." She lifted her head and looked at me. I looked at Lou with shock. He smiled and spoke. "Yeah. Cant speak a word, but damned if she doesn't know what you're saying." She stared for a few more seconds and went back to drawing. "I'll be outside if you need me." He said while walking away.

I walked closer to her, studying her. She just continues to pound that crayon on the paper with so much focus and concentration. She anxiously grabs another color and starts pounding. After so much as 20 minutes later, she was finally done. I looked curiously at it. Then she showed it to me.

*Emma's POV*

I wanted to show her where id come from and what I had seen. I help up the picture to show her and her mouth suddenly dropped. I mimicked her actions. She closed her mouth quickly. I closed mine and felt a shy smile sneak up on my face. She gave me a big smile in return and sighed happily. Her eyes instantly flew back to the page.

*Margret's POV*

"So let me get this straight. The girl had no family, that you know of, she doesn't communicate, she was found wandering alone in the city?" I shouted at Lou. This is ridiculous. How could he have no records, no birth certificates, not anything. Lou looked from me to Emma. "That's all her 'Booked Into Shelter' folder said. No Amber Alert, no missing person report, nothing." I shook my head. "But there is more you should see." He exclaimed. He turned Emma towards us and lifted up the bottom half of her shirt to revel. No belly button...