Chapter 1

My birth was unconventional at best. My first memory was waking up in the forest bare-skinned and covered in clear wet stuff. Like a newborn baby, I had no idea who I was or what was happening.

As I slowly sat up from the hard dirt ground, I began to look around. Tree's and things soaring in the blue sky. My eyes weren't really sure what they were seeing. Every sight, sound, and feeling was unfamiliar. I looked down and saw something. It was a very strange and unusual. It looked as if it was attached to me. I could move them, wiggle them, and touch other things with them.

Suddenly, I heard a rattling not far away from me. I moved my eyes towards the sound. A snake. Its tail rattling, pink thing inside its mouth going in and out, body still as a rock. Why must it look at me with such hatred and anger?

Just then, the snake launched itself towards me. I caught its head midway through the attack. I looked into its black eyes still confused about the attack. Hissing, the snake struggled against my grip and slithered away.

Every species is born with instincts that ultimately create a balance with nature. Every species, except the one I was born into.

As I was walking further into the forest, I began to see weird things that didn't look anything like trees. I squinted my eyes to get a better look but couldn't quite see it any more than I could. They were tall with lots of clear shiny stuff surrounding them.

I began walking again feeling hard and sharp things on my feet but I didn't seem to care. In the distance I heard strange noises. I walked a little closer. I came across a beast with two voices. I was thankful to have found a companion. I walked closer to the beast and saw a hole. The voices got louder the closer I got. There seemed to be creatures in there. I poked my head in the hole and saw that a male was putting his hands on the female's body. I cocked my head to the side. Is this how they communicate? She looked up and screamed along with the male. I just stood there staring confused and somewhat fascinating. Oh how these creatures are strange.

I slowly came across this really hard ground with moving things I put my hand up and looked. Something in the sky with bright colors Red, Yellow, and Green. I could hear things blowing in my ears but I stayed put adapting to this world. Lots of creatures. Just like in the forest. Except, these creatures were more active. Some were in large beasts with 4 or more circular things. Some were on tiny contraptions with only 2. I looked around breathless and amazed. Most were on foot. I looked behind me and saw a female with long brown hair and a smaller version of herself. The older female gasped and covered her smaller versions eyes. She moved quickly. "Come on sweetheart." came from her. Hearing another sound came blaring from the other direction. I turned and saw another female in a beast. She shouted at me, "Slut!" What does that mean?

A male came up to me and said, "Shows over, kid." I just stared. "What's your name?" He asked throwing this soft thing on me. I looked down and saw it hid the front part of my naked body. He shook me and said, "Who...are...you?" I still didn't say anything. I was focused on what this object was. The strange man turned me around and put this cold force on my wrists.

Soon I was taken to a new place with fences and sad faces. They brought me deeper into the place and threw me in. There was this thing on a hook and it had tiny holes in it. Curious as I was, I took my hand and touched it. Suddenly, I was sprayed with an unidentified liquid. It was clear and tasted great but I tried to protect myself against it.

The man who threw me in the place with the liquid soon came back and gave me another piece of soft things. I looked at him with a confused reaction. He let out a deep breath and helped me. Soon I was dressed in what was called a 'shirt', 'pants', and 'shoes' that go on my feet It felt un-normal to be wearing what he called 'clothes'.

Soon after, a female came in and grabbed my arm and walked me to this weird smelling room. She maneuvered me to a seat with a handle and water. I looked around and walked the same way I came in. She then moved me to another room where I was holding something black and heavy. It read, 'Juvenile Holding Washington State Daisy Doe 763464' Is that my name? Then without warning, a bright light flashed before my eyes. What is going on?