Chapter 3

*Margret's POV*

I threw my purse down on the table next to the front door and hurried to the kitchen to see Joseph pouring Chinese take-out on plate for the kids. "They're never gonna go for this." Joseph said grabbing cups and putting them on the table. I sigh and moved closer to him. "It's just for a few days." Suddenly, the kids appeared with hungry looks on their faces. Derrick smirked and kissed my cheek, "Finally. I'm starving!" Sophie rolled her eyes and focused on her phone, "Did you get Lo Mein?" Joey (short for Joseph) raised his hands to stop the kids. "Hold on. Your mother's got something to talk to you about." "I have a new patient," I said getting straight to the point. "The place where she is staying isn't safe, so im bringing her here for a little while." Sophie snatched the take-out box out of my hands. "You mean some mental patient is going to live in our house?" She turned to throw the box away and turned back to me. "She's not a mental patient. She's a very sweet, very special girl."

Derrick grunted and spoke, "I know what "very special" means. She'll probably droll all over the house." I have to say, I have thought-I'd hoped that you would show a little compassion." Sophie looked me in the eyes. "You don't even know her. She could be-" "I don't want her touching my stuff." Derrick interrupted her. So much for having supportive children. "All right, that's enough." Joey said raising his voice. "If your mom says she's coming, then she's coming and that's final." They quickly grabbed the forks and napkins from his hands. Great, now their upset with us.

*Emma's POV*

THE NEXT DAY

Margret came to the building they were holding me in. She came up to me and told me that I was going with her for a while. Even though I only met her a day ago, I feel somewhat safe around her. As we walked up some stairs to a big house with a while and wooden door, I saw flowers everywhere. Red, yellow, and white. Only one word describes them. Beautiful. She opened the door and lead me in. "This is it." She smiled and grabbed my hand. I looked around and stared at her. "This is where you're gonna be staying for a few days. At least until I can..." She stopped talking and let me walk around exploring the new house. I looked forward and say things on the wall. I put my face on the wall and stared at them so figure out what was happening. My first thought was that flat tiny people must be living in the walls. I turned my head to only see more. But then I understood. Humans grow smaller as they develop and pretty soon, I'd be shrinking myself.

I looked up seeing pictures of a girl and boy. First older then as my eyes descend, they seem to get younger and smaller. One particular photo caught my eye. It was a younger version of Margret, holding a small boy. I looked back at her. Maybe one day Margret would hold me, too.

I let my eyes wonder again. My eyes landed on a room with big chairs, a desk with a screen and alphabet all jumbled up on a hard rectangular board, more photos, and a so called TV. The images made my mind explode with complex mathematical formula. Margret suddenly grabbed my arms and said to me softly, "Would you like to play a game, Emma? Lots of kids have fun with this one." She sat me down and touched a button. Colors and different animals popped up surprising me a little. In the top left hand corner of the screen said, 'Click Me and Learn.com.' It also had a fun and silly type of music playing in the background. Margret spoke breaking my concentration on the screen. "This is called a mouse." She reached over and grabbed the thing connected to the contraption. "When you move it, this arrow--." I cut her off by grabbing it and moving it like she had done. I pushed the left button on the blue animal. The animal faced me and said, "Hello. I am a bird." This made me smile. Then there was a ringing but I was too focused on this to pay attention.

*Margret's POV*

I rushed to the phone. "Hello?" I said. "How'd it go? Did you bring her home yet?" I heard Joey ask from the other side of the line. "She is just great. She's on the computer. I replied watching her continue with a smile on her beautiful face. "Do you need me there? It could be a lot to handle." I could tell that he was worried. I'm glad he cares but I can handle this. "Trust me, honey. I'll be fine." I said reassuring him.

*Sophie's POV*

After clearing my head with a long steamy shower, I decided to head downstairs. As I tightened the towel around my body, I heard sounds coming from the living room. Mom must be home and so is dweeb. "Getting a little old for Barney, aren't we, Der?" I said turning around to look at him. Only it wasn't Derrick, it was a girl! I gasped and screaming running into the kitchen to find mom.

*Emma's POV*

When I saw her, I realized something was horribly wrong. Humans grow larger overtime, not smaller. It bothered me. Wasn't I ever smaller? I felt my emotion go from happy to sad.

*Sophie's POV*

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw mom on the phone. "Why didn't you tell me she was in house?! I think she saw my boobs." I whispered/shouted. She ignored me and talked into the phone. "Joey, honey, I promise everything is fine. I gotta go. I have another call." She hung up. She was on the phone with dad. I hope he didn't hear that.

*No One's POV*

As Joseph walked out of his office, he didn't bother to turn off the TV but what is more important is what's on it.

Our Top Story in Treboume County: A teenage boy washed up on shore this morning, having no memory whatsoever of how he got here.

Hey guys, I hope you like the chapter :) It took me ours to get it all done. So here you go and remember to vote and comment.