Chapter 9

*Emma’s POV*

After carrying Sophie back home. I laid her in her bed and felt something wet dripping down my face. I didn’t know what else to do but panic. I hurried into Margret’s room to see if she knew what was going on with me. When I got in there, I saw that she was asleep. I think she sensed my presence because not 2 minutes later, she woke up and looked at me startled. I couldn’t take it and I started sobbing. I’m surprised I could manage to say this. “I...am...leaking.” I started shaking. Margret quickly got. “Oh, my god, what happened to you?” She put her hands on my arms and led me downstairs.

*Derrick’s POV*

“I don’t know, mom.” Emma, mom and I were standing in the kitchen while we were helping clean Emma up. “There’s no blood on any of the doors, and the windows aren’t broken.”  I said putting a Band-Aid on her arm. Mom sighed, “That’s alright, hon. We’ll figure it out tomorrow.” She grabbed my shoulders and pushed me to the stairs. II sighed and went back to bed.

*Emma’s POV*

After Margret and Derrick cleaned me off and walked out the room. I stayed put. The images of Sophie and Derrick reminded me that I had no memory of being small. No memory of how I came to be or who I was. I was still so focused on the images, when I felt Margret grab my hand and place a little strip on my hand. I looked at her and said, “What...am...I?”

She looked at me and replied, “Well, Emma, that’s a difficult question to answer right now.” She breathed. “”You’re a girl, a very special girl and girls are...human beings.” I tuned her out after that. Even with years of historical research, the more humans try to define themselves, the more they drown their own confusion. I came back when she said, “That’s the evolutionist point of view.”

I could feel my eyes start to get watery again and feel myself start chocking up. I didn’t trust myself to speak but I spoke anyway. “You...know...not.” My voice cracked and she noticed giving me a sad look. I looked down and felt the water run down my face onto the floor.

*Sophie’s POV*

Last night was wild and hectic but after seeing David with that slut. I totally lost it. Now, Im hanging out with Hillary at ‘Sam’s Juice Bar’. I am so hungover right now. The sunlight burns and I feel like I could start pucking from all the drinks and smoothies Hillary keeps making me drink. When Hill came back, she handed me a red one. “Try this one. It will help you detox.” I rolled my eyes and said, “Forget it. One more sip and this place becomes a baratorium.” She sat next to me.

“Focus on something else...like you knight in shining armor.” She smiled at me

“What?” “Don’t give me that. The girl that saved your ass last night.” I gave her a confused look. She scoffed and said, “The girl will all the Jackie Chan moves. Your lesbian lover!” I blinked. What the hell is she talking about? “The girl that carried you home!” That’s when something clicked. “Oh my god. Emma! I thought I dreamt that.”

Hillary laughed. “So does your lesbo lover have digits?” I almost shouted, “Im am not lesbian and neither is she! But yeah her digits are mine.” She raised her eyebrows at me. I sighed and crossed my arms. “Remember the short kid on the bus I told you about?” Suddenly her face went from happy to disgusted.

*Margret’s POV*

Watering my plant always calms me down. It makes me think of my mother. I smile everytime just thinking about her. Suddenly, I felt hands wrap around my waist. “Hey, honey.” I put my hand over...his? Why are his hands so soft? Usually Joey’s hands are rough and aren’t they bigger than is? When I felt “he” kissed my neck that’s when jumped. I quickly turned and saw Emma! I put my hand on my chest trying to calm down. “You scared me.”

*Emma’s POV*

“You scared me.” She said with her hand on her chest. I felt myself smile. “What...is ‘scared’?” Margret smiled. “Scared is...fear.” She replied. “Like, ‘Aah!’” I jumped and smiled but it disappeared. “I...get...scared.” She pulled us to the chairs and looked at me worried. “What are you worried about sweetheart?” To tell you the truth at first, I had no clue. Then I thought back to the snake, the mean girl in the holding place, Stefan, the way he looked at me when he caught me staring at him. Fear, surprise, and shock. The car that almost got me when I was following Sophie last night, when people put that brace on my head to “examine me”, people laughing at me, the man in the uniform that tried to get with that stick, the man in that truck that day we went to Margret’s office.

I looked back at her. “Im...scared of...ev-erything.” She gave me a sad look.

“I don’t know what...Emma, I cant imagine how strange and scary the world must feel to you right now, but it will get better. I swear.” I sniffed and wiped away my tears. I opened my mouth, trying to find the right words to say. I finally got it out. “Help...me...mom.” After I said that, she was speechless. She couldn’t do anything but hug me. The hug felt more than warm. It was loving and inviting. “Im gonna take care of you, Emma.” Margret pulled me closer and I felt tears on my shoulder. “I promise.”

_________________________

I cried while writing the last part haha. I know it took me so long but here you go!! Remember to comment and vote on all my stories. :)