Chapter 15

Derrick’s POV

“I think I got it.” I blurted out. Mom looked at me with a confused look. I continued, “What if time is different on Emma’s home planet?” I mean come on what kind of sane person stays awake for two weeks straight? Mom tilted her head towards me “Derrick, this is Emma’s home planet.”

“Come on mom! One earth day might be like an hour for her! So ten days-“

“Is like ten hours. Yeah, I get it.” She said interrupting me “You’re being ridiculous.”

Why isn’t she listening? What do YOU call a person that stays awake all night for two weeks? Weird? Crazy? Sleeping disorder? Not me! I call it alienism!!! Who believes me? No one? Well whatever because I know what im talking about!

“Mom, think about it. She’s this super brain with amnesia yet she can’t understand the simplest things. This girl can do calculus like its two plus two.” I said looking her in eyes. “She barley knows what you’re saying sometimes but somehow speaks Chinese?” I thought back to the other night when she raided our fridge and went all Jackie Chan on us. “Im telling you, Emma is not human!” I yelled

Suddenly, I heard the floor board squeak. I lifted my head and saw Emma with a pained look on her face. Mom put down her paper and embraced her.  “Oh sweetheart, of course you’re human.” That’s when I got pissed and said, “Look at her face mom. She’s not even sure herself.”

She turned and gave me that ‘mom look’. “Stop wasting time and do your homework.”

“Now that’s a waste of time.” I said chuckling darkly.

Emma XY

I didn’t know time could be wasted. Margret grabbed my hand, sitting me in the chair. On the desk in front of me, it had lots of colors and lots of paper.

“I want you to try something. Sometimes people have trouble sleeping because they are concerned about something that’s happened to them.”

“Am I?”

“Im not sure, but this might help you recall some experiences.” She motioned to the paper and colors.

“I want you to draw anything, anything at all. Anything you can remember about where you came from. About your home.” I grabbed a color and tried to focus on remembering. I got it!

Margret’s POV

When she started making lots of green dots around the paper, I immediately knew she remembered something. Emma then stopped and looked at me. I smiled and gave her a pat on the back. “It may not make since now but we’ll figure it out.”

                                                            Hours-Later…

“Emma’s still at it. She’s been drawing for hours.” I said to Joey. Trees and grass.  “Good. Wear her out.” said Joey. “What caught me is the way she draws. It’s almost like she snaps picture in her head, and then reproduces it.”

“It’s the same thing over and over.” All her pictures are just the same things. Grass and trees. Then my eyes fell on a specific picture.

 “This must the place near Victor Falls where she was first seen. Her first memory.” Joey looked at me. “What do you think it means?”

“I think something significant may have happened there, but she can’t explain it yet.”

The Tree Stump…

___________________________________________________________________

Hey guys :) Now my friend Addie and I have came up with this idea about doing a collaboration account and do a story together and when we actually get that going I will tell you :) enjoy! and im putting up another chapter in about an hour so be on the look out