Chapter 4

*Emma's POV*

"Fractions, fractions, all done!" I was concentrated on this so called game. It taught me wonderful things that Im so glad I learned. Margret said it was to help my improvement for my treatment. Sophie was seated in front of my on the couch writing. Ever since our first meeting, she had been ignoring me. Suddenly, Margret stormed in. "How much blood?" I heard her say into the phone. She paused for a moment and hung up. She looked at Sophie and spoke, "Listen, there's an emergency at work. I need you to watch Emma." She rolled her eyes. "Sure mom." "Im serious! Watch her!" She snapped. With that she hurried out the door. As she did so, the phone rang.

I watched as Sophie answered. "Oh, hi, Hillary" Was she not happy to speak with her. "No, David still hasn't called and if he's with Samantha, he's probably banged her already." My eyes left the screen and fell on her. He banged her? What's that supposed to mean? Did that mean that he hurt her? Sophie sighed, "You know me. I felt weird when Mike Suby put his hand down my pants." She looked up and caught me staring. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She spoke again, "All I could think about where those warts on his hand." I forwarded my eyebrows. She suddenly gasped. She seemed excited again. "This might be him. If I don't click back over, you'll know why." She pulled the phone away from her ear, pushed and button and put it back to her ear. She took a deep breath.

"Hello?" Pause "Oh, hi, David." Pause. "No, I wasn't talking to anyone. What's up?" She laughed and hurried upstairs. I let my eyes fall back onto the computer screen. When I heard this beautiful sound. It was the most beautiful sound in the world. I walked outside and decided to follow it until I came to a house. That's where the sound was coming from. The door was already open so I invited myself in.

It was part mathematics and part...euphoria. That's when I saw a boy sitting on a bench and pushing keys on a black contraption making the sound. I felt certain that whatever this was, was a gift to the world, meant to fill all that heard it with a flood of emotion. It seemed that he didn't hear me come in. Just then someone walked in. "Stefan, Im home." I ignored it. It then struck me that not everyone could appreciate this miracle. The sound increased my sorrows for those who could not hear it. My eyes were getting cloudy, my breathing seems to become unsteady, and my nose started running. Oh my goodness...This melody is making me leak. I started to sob. He quickly turned and gasped at me. I jumped back and stumbled but quickly recovered and made my way out the door.

As I laid in the bathtub, I began to tremble. There was a pounding in my chest. My face felt like it was burning, and more than anything, I wanted to disappear. He was so handsome. How could I let him see me like that?

*Derrick's POV*

Just another ordinary day. School, walk home from school, make sure nobody's home. Yes! I hurried onto the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I threw my bag on the floor and pulled down my pants and sat on the toilet. I opened my backpack and pulled out my magazine. I flipped through the pages, seeing naked girls every page. I grinned and kept flipping. I suddenly got the feeling that someone was watching me. I turned my head to the left and saw a girl looking confused at me. I screamed pulling my pants up and marching out the door. As I made my way to my room, I tripped and the magazine went flying onto the staircase.

I saw mom and yelled, "Run, mom! There's a crazy person in the shower." She picked up the 'Playboy' and looked up at me smirking clearly ignoring me. She made her way upstairs as I quickly buttoned my pants. "It's okay, Derrick." She patted my shoulder and pointed to the girl. "This is Emma. The special girl I was telling you about." She walked to her and pushed her closer to me. "If she's supposed to be special, why'd you stick her in the tub?" I asked fixing my belt. She gave me 'the look'. I sighed and said, "Nice to meet you...perv." Mom raised her eyebrow and approached me. "The reason I am letting that slide is because I have a favor to ask you. I would like Emma to share your room for a few nights." My jaw dropped to floor. "Are you serious?!" This girl has 'bed wetter' written all over her!"

She wiggled my baby in my face. "Im only asking." She manipulating me. What kind of mother is she?! I groaned and agreed. "You better bust out the rubber sheets." I walked past her checking her out. Maybe it wont be so bad. I could hear mom smile and she said, "Have you seen Sophie? She was suppose to be watching Emma." She asked hopefully. I looked her in the eye and said, "Some teacher called with test results. Mrs...Planny Parenthood." She rolled her eyes and headed to Sophie's bedroom.