Chapter 18

Margret’s POV

“Well, I spoke to Dr. Stone and he can’t understand why the pills didn’t work.” I said to Joey as I walked into the living room.

“It didn’t do anything. She’s still rearing to go.” Joey said shrugging his shoulders

“He said if we don’t think of anything, he wants to admit Emma and sedate her.” I gave him a worried look. I’m not comfortable with her not being here.

Joey nodded and said, “He should.” I shook my head in disagreement. “She has to sleep!” He exclaimed.

“I don’t want her knocked out in some hospital. She needs to be where it’s familiar, where she feels comfortable.” He crossed his arms and spoke in a firm voice, “How comfortable can she be if she can’t sleep here?” Ugh…I hate when he’s right.

Sophie’s POV

I got grounded after the whole sneaking out thing. Mom and dad made me get a job as part of my punishment. Crappy right? Lucky for me, I managed to get a job at the smoothie bar. I was picking up empty cups and tips when I was suddenly approached by David.

“Why did you come out?”

“Sorry, I got nabbed.”

He smirked and grabbed me by my waist. David leaned in close and whispered in my ear.

“Feels like you’re jerking me around, Jones.” I sighed and gave him on apologetic look.

“David, my parents caught me and-“ I started but he interrupted me.

“You and who? That girl Emma? Was she in there with you?” He demanded giving me a hard look.

“Look, Emma’s one of my mother’s head cases. She’s just staying with us for a while. Hillary was messing with you. Im not a lesbian. Just come by tonight.” I’m going to get that red headed bitch…Yeah I called her a bitch. She’s my best friend I can say whatever I want.

He raised his eyebrow to me. “You gonna leave me hanging again?” I shook my head. “No way. Im so there.”

Emma’s POV

Right now, I have to say that jogging with Joseph is actually pretty cool.

“Where are we going?”

“Nowhere just running.” I nodded and couldn’t help but ask, “Why are we running?”

Joseph looked at me and spoke, “Uh, well, the plan is to exhaust you.” He stopped and looked at the little watch on his wrist. “We started at ten after, right? Let’s try to go for at least half an hour.”

“Why?”

“It’s also good exercise, gets rid of stress?” I gave his confused look. “Stress?”

“Pressure. You know, tension.” I nodded even though I was still completely lost.

Then I realized. “You watch time when you run. But it’s just numbers people made up.”

Joseph nodded in argument and explained, “Well, we need those numbers to keep order in the world.”

“So, you can never really escape time.” I stated. “Let’s just pick up the pace.” He said ignoring me. So I did. I sprinted down the road, leaving him in the dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I hope you like it. Im sorry its short and 2 days late. I want to thank you all who kept reading even though it took me forever to update. I love you <3