Chapter 16

Song of the Chapter (has nothing to do with the chapter though) Recovery by Justin Bieber  #beautiful ------->

Emma’s POV

Later that day, Margret and I sat I the kitchen. After drawing all of the pictures got me thinking. Did my parents not want me? Is there a logical explanation as to why I can’t remember anything but my surroundings of that day? Do I even have parents?

Suddenly, I was snapped out of my thoughts when a loud whistling went off in front of me. Margret said it was called a Tea Kettle. I thought it was fascinating how the stream makes it whistle. It makes me smile every time. Margret got out two cups and poured the water from it into the cups that contained little bags.

“Chamomile always does the trick for me. It’s very soothing and it’s going to help sleep.”

Derrick entered the kitchen and said, “Tastes like horse pee.” Margret rolled her eyes.

“What does horse pee taste like?” I asked happily.

“How would I know?”

“But you just said-“ I started

“It’s an expression. A rude one.” Margret said. Margret handed me that cup and told me to taste it. The little bag was still in the cup and I assumed that it had the tea in it. I picked it and was about to it in my mouth when it was taken out of my fingertips. “Not the teabag honey. The water.” She pointed to the cup. “You drink the tea.”

Hearing Derrick murmur something, I looked at him and saw he was writing something on a little piece of paper. Margret raised her eyebrow at him.

“What are you doing?”

“I am keeping a list: What makes Emma an alien.” She shook her head and picked up her cup. I mimicked her actions when she put the cup to her lips. When the liquid touched my tongue, I couldn’t find words to explain how it tasted. “Do you like it?” I smiled finally finding the words to describe it. “ It’s amazing.”

Bubbles bubble everywhere. From my hair, to my feet. I slammed my hand down in the water, making it and the bubbles go everywhere. I giggled.

“Now I’m the teabag!” I yelled in excitement, making Sophie laugh loud. I took a deep breath and stuck my head under the water. Somehow I felt safe here, secure at peace. I heard a faint voice speak.

“She loves it under there because she’s weightless like space.” I could tell it was Derrick

“Get out, you turd!”

After those words, I blocked them out. For what seemed like hours, I was peace. That is until Sophie pulled me from under the water. When I sat up, she quickly covered her eyes but Derrick didn’t an inch. He kept his eye on me. I looked down at myself and saw that most the bubbles were gone and I was exposed. I didn’t mind until I saw something grow in Derrick’s pants. That when I felt my cheeks heat up for some reason. Margret decided to come in. Sophie and Derrick were still the same. When she saw me, she quickly pushed Derrick out and turned back to me.

“Relaxed?”

“One of us is.” Sophie replied, sheepishly. I gave them both a cheeky smile before falling under again.

After Margret helped me get dressed in a long shirt and short, I got into my bed and ate my little people. Not long after I sat down and Derrick came walking in.

He took the bag out of my hands. “My sour patch kids are sacred.” He threw them in his desk and locked it.

“I cant wait to fall asleep. Last night the entire SPORT ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT ISSUE came to life. Just me and seven supermodels. I am so excited for the sequel.” He said turning to me.

“Okay, Emma.” Joseph said coming into the room with Margret behind him.

“You’ve had a bath and hot tea. Feeling tired?” I simply my head, no.

“Im sure part of the problem is you’re anxious. Remember, Detective Jargons and police are still searching: looking for answer. In the mean time you have to get some sleep and this will help.” Margret handed me a cup of water and tablet. I took them both from her and was a little hesitant at first but took the glass and tablet anyway.

“I took it.” I said making them all laugh. “You have to swallow it.” Joseph said.

“Then I’ll sleep?” I earned nodded from them all. When I put the tablet in my mouth, I immediately swallowed it along with water. Margret grabbed the glass and kissed my forehead and did the same with Derrick.

When they left I made myself a little comfortable waiting for the pill to work. I turned my head and looked at the clock. 9:18pm.

Its been a little while since I took the pill and it still hasn’t taken effect. I looked at the clock again and it said 11:47pm. I looked back at the motionless Derrick wondering what he was dreaming about. He looked so pleased, stretched out, doing nothing.

But I still felt like the world was calling out to me, waiting to be explored. I quickly got out of bed and headed downstairs. I learned it was wrong to touch things in the house while that were sleeping. So..I went outside.

As soon as I stepped outside, I felt a breeze hit me. Out in the distance, I heard animals howling. I looked up and took in the breath taking sight. All the glowing dots in the night sky were dazzling. All the amazing wonders pulled me in. What should I go explore first?

____________________________________________________________

For those of you that forgot, I DONT OWN ALL THESE IDEAS!!! All the credit goes to the creators of Kyle XY.

Leave music suggestions down in the comments and a shout out in my next chapter :)