3

R I L E Y

I immediately ran out flustered from the room, avoiding Lucas' gaze and Zay's questions.

"Oh gosh, what just happened." I muttered as I walked near the exit of the warehouse. Who would of thought an old warehouse would hold the illegal fights, but as long the cops don't find out.

I quietly approached Devin, since he was speaking on the phone.
"-opose?! Don't you think it's a bit early for that? Yes I do care about it father but, yeah no-Listen I'll call you later, Riley's here." He said noticing my presence.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing. Same old shit." He muttered.

"That didn't seem like nothing. And knowing how you are with your father..." I said in a teasing tone.

"Not now. Look we'll talk about this tomorrow. The cab's here and we both know we need some sleep." He said gruffly, guiding me towards the cab.

"Okay calm your tits but just know I'm here for you." Earning a small laugh from him.

❂❂❂❂❂

L U C A S

"Alright spill it." Zay randomly said.

"Spill what?" I said shoving fries in my mouth.

"You've been quiet the whole entire ride and only talked when you had to order your food. I know something happen between you and Riley."

"Nothing happened. She just treated my wounds for me nothing else." Partially true because nothing actually happen, it was but it didn't. 

"Alright I believe you. But I know I interrupted because she ran out the room avoiding you like the Black Plague." Black Plague? Seriously Zay?

"Well something would have happen if someone didn't come and yell 'Yo Lucas where you at?'" I say imitating him.

"First of all I don't sound like that. Second, what would of happen if I didn't interrupt?"

"We might of have kiss. Oh gosh she at looked me with her brown doe wide eyes. It was like...like I was in trance, one that I didn't want to get out of. But..." I sigh sadly knowing what was going to come out of my mouth.

"But what?" Zay question further slurping his drink.

"But it can't happen. She's with Devin. Ugh I don't want her to cheat on him, she's not that type of person. I rather suffer watching them together then being a home-wrecker."

"It's okay my child, Daddy Zay is here for you." He said trying to hug me.

"Ew don't ever say that again. Get away from me, I don't need this." Only to return his hug as he patted my back muttering words of comfort, well trying to.

Next morning 

"Luke! Turn your fucking alarm clock off! I'm trying to sleep!" Zay said banging the wall from next door.

"Okay just..." I was drifting back to sleep when I was disturb by the alarm clock.

"Alright shut your napping, you stupid clock." The clock read 7:33. It's 27 minutes before 8. Glad you know math Lucas.

"Shit! Zay wake up! We're late for class!" I said banging on the wall on to hear a thud and groans.

I quickly ran to the bathroom to take a shower and do my business. After I came out Zay ran in.

"Okay I got my...fuck it." I said grabbing everything and shoving in my backpack. Fifty-fifty chance I might need some of the materials. 

Once we're ready, we headed to my truck, with 10 minutes to spare.

"Bless you Zay for bringing me food." I said trying to grab the coffee and coffee cake as I drove.

"I sure hope we don't die." remarked Zay.

"We won't. I got this." Only to swerve from a car backing out.

"Yeah you got this. If we die, I'm killing you." 

"Okay but get in line, their are plenty of people wanting to kill me." I said jokingly pulling in to the parking lot.

"I still don't understand why you still take classes when you doing a pretty damn fine job of being Mad Dog." He said as we walk towards the NYU campus.

"You make it sound like I'm a superhero, like Spider-Man. Average person by day, kicking ass by night. But fighting is not a long-time career, it's just an easy way to pay the bills and my tuition. Plus, I always wanted to be a veterinarian."

"That'd be sick! Fighting crime, catching the bad guys, and getting the girl." He said in teasing tone. "Alright I'll catch you later Mr. Veterinarian."

"See you later Mr. Drama." Then we parted ways heading towards our classes.

++++++

I need to calm down when updating chapters. This is like the 3rd update this week, but it's a good thing. This chapter is kinda a filler but shows a bit of Zucas' friendship Just a note: Zucas are 22, Riley is 21, Devin 24.

Thoughts on:

Zucas friendship?

Devin's phone call?

Riley?

Zucas attending college?

Don't be afraid to vote, comment, or follow.

Until next time my beautiful chicken nuggets, I mean children.