16

L U C A S

"Stop moving."

"You're hogging the blanket."

"Riley stop." I kept muttering the same lines trying to get some sleep.

"Lucas...shut up." She said before throwing the blanket over us and snugging into my chest.

Finally.

❂❂❂❂❂

"RISE AND SHINE!" I heard Zay yell through door as tapped on it.

"IM TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!" I yelled groggily. Surprising neither of our yells woke up Riley.

"Oh and by the way, I was wondering if you could drop off Riley's backpack when you go pick her up!"

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, didn't she leave after dinner, her car is not parked outside." He continued.

Oops. Maybe I failed to mention to Zay that she stays with me. Also that her car is in her garage and that we use my truck for everything.

"Yeah sure." Not really.

"Okay well I'll see you later tonight, gonna be busy at the theatre for another show." He yelled through the door.

"Have fun!"

"Have fun for what?" Riley asked yawning.

"Zay's gonna be busy the whole day."

"Mkay. I'm going back to sleep." She said scooting closer towards me.

"Sleep tight, sweetheart." I said kissing her forehead.

❂❂❂❂❂

"Lucas, can get there orders? Oliver needs me in the kitchen."

"Yeah sure, no problem Susie."

"Thanks kid." She said patting my back.

"Hello welcome to Belle's! To start off, what would you like to drink?" I said to person hiding behind the menu.

Only to reveal, Richard. "I start off with a coffee, black please."

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I'm here to talk with you, Lucas. You didn't think I meant what I said when this is not over." He seriously said. "But before we do talk, may I get my coffee."

Since he's a customer, not in my eyes, I have to serve him. "Give a moment." I huffed out.

I returned with a mug of black coffee and a water bottle for me.

"Okay what do you want to talk about. Obviously you won't leave me alone unless we have this chit-chat." I bluntly said.

"I want to talk about the property of the farm and the company." He stated.

"What about them? I don't understand why you need to talk to me about your business."

"I understand you don't want to do anything with me, even worse if it's the family business. So I'm willing to let sign away your agreement of not being held responsible for being apart of the business." Richard said sliding over a large, yellow envelope.