13

R I L E Y

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Devin said setting his luggage next to him.

"No I'm sure. I don't want to miss anything here and plus this is your business trip." I replied. Devin was going to California for a week for a business conference.

"And? That didn't stop you before." He teased.

"Well it's not like I had choice, it was part of my job!" I argued.

"But a well paid job that you get to travel to nice places." He said

"At least those trips were paid." I muttered.

"Yeah out my pocket. Now were is my good bye hug." He said opening out his arms.

"I'm going to miss my little fire ball." He muttered.

"Too bad I'm not gonna miss you." I muttered in reply.

"You just had to ruin the moment."

"Try being friends with Maya for most of your life. I ruin more than moments." I witted back.

"Wow geez way to ruin the moment even more." He said releasing from the hug.

"Fine I'm going to miss you too. Bring me back a souvenir."

"Will do darling. This means you have a week to tell him everything." He said seriously.

"Way to ruin the moment."

"Riley, he has the right to know. As a friend, I'm pleading you to tell him everything."

"Okay but I promise you it's not going to be a pretty confession."

"FLIGHT 73 TO L.A. IS READY TO BOARD."

"That's my cue." I gave him one last hug.

"One week. Also I'm breaking up with you." He said laughing grabbing his luggage.

"Damn that was a harsh blow man. I thought what we had was special." I said in mock emotion.

"Well being a fake couple is always such a great thing." He replied sarcastically.

"Sometimes it could be but in this case not really. Well farewell ex-fake boyfriend. Call me when you land." I said with an exaggerated wave.

Devin rolled his eyes at me. "Farewell ex-fake girlfriend. I will call you probably every day to make sure you tell him."

"Now go on, your going to miss your flight." I shooed him.

"Okay, okay I'm going." Devin then dispersed with the crowd.

One week.

❂❂❂❂❂

L U C A S

"When did you find out?"

"Senior year. You were acting a bit off so we-I mean I followed you around until I was caught by Claudia. I told that I was worried about you and she called in Kevin. They told me everything." Zay explained.

"Were you mad?"

"Pissed but I got over it. I was more pissed at the fact you never told me Kevin was your uncle. Like why did you hide that?"