24

L U C A S

"Seriously!" I yelled banging my hands on the steering wheel. "Out of all the days, you decided to break down on the day it rains."

"Stupid piece of junk." I said kicking the tire as I got out. "Oh fuck, I didn't even bring an umbrella."

"The only good thing about this is I get to leave it overnight at a parking lot." I muttered grabbing the bouquet of white roses.

I was about 2 blocks away from Devin's house. I made a run for it because one, I needed to see Riley, and two, I was getting soaked from the rain.

❂❂❂❂❂

R I L E Y

"I hope you don't mind me taking this, cause I ran out." I whispered silently walking out of Devin's room, with his toothpaste.

After brushing my teeth and changing into pjs, I was about to head to bed when I heard a ruckus outside.

From my knowledge of scary movies, it's valuable to be quiet as possible and have a bat with you. And boy was I ready to swing the bat.

I peeked out from one of the windows, only to find a hooded figure with white roses. Flowers? They came prepared for their funeral.

I heard them knock the door until they starting knocking with a beat. Maybe it's a lure before they rob your house and murder their victims.

Geez Riley, stop having scary movie marathons with Zay.

"Riley?" They called out. Holy shit they know my name.

I peeked out the window once more, when I saw the familiar dirty blonde hair.

"Riley?" He said when I opened the door.

"Lucas?" I said in the same tone as him. "Oh shit you're wet, let me get you towel."

He tugged my arm back. "Riley, it's fine—"

"But you're soak from head to toe. What if you catch a cold? Seriously let me—" I was cut off by a pair of lips capturing mines.

I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his wet hair as he pulled me closer. I don't know how long we kissed but we pulled back to catch our breath. 

He leaned his forehead into mines, "I love you Riley, I always have and always will."

I stared at him in awe before kissing him again and he knew that I love him back.

❂❂❂❂❂

"Thanks." He said as handed him a pair of pjs I knicked from Devin's room.

"You know where the bathroom is, right?" He nodded.

"I'll make us some hot chocolate." I said heading to the kitchen.

I couldn't help my smile growing on face as I made the hot chocolate. I feel like a lovesick teenager.

Maybe there's a Riley and Lucas.

❂❂❂❂❂

Although we kissed a few minutes ago, it was awkward to talk about what happened a month ago.

"I'm sorry." Lucas said breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry too."

"No, no, you have nothing to be sorry for. I was the one who reacted negatively and pushed you away. That I didn't stay and listen to what you had to say. I couldn't help but be angry and jealous of Devin, even though it was fake. I can't believe that I hurt you this much to fake a relationship to get away from me." I was confused to why Lucas mention the last sentence. That's when I realize, his apology went beyond what happened a month ago.