23

R I L E Y

A month later

"I can't believe you did that Zay!" Maya exclaimed, after he threw a bucket of water at her. She began to pelt him back with water balloons.

Devin and Farkle looked at me and then at each other. "Oh no you don't! Don't you da—AHHHH!"

"This means war!" I said pelting them water balloons along with Maya.

"Okay, okay! OKAY! WE SURRENDER!" Farkle yelled out.

"Well we don't." As Maya randomly ran for the boys, who begun to run only to fall into the pool.

Maya and I began to laugh. "You guys sh-should've seen your-ur faces!"

When we calm down, we jumped into the pool to join the boys. We then proceeded to chicken fight, have a few swim races, and play with the pool noodles all afternoon.

This was one of our many get-to-togethers, which happens quite often. Only a few weeks left until summer was over and then I'll be starting at NYU with Zay and Lucas.

Lucas.

I have tried to talk to him but I realized that whatever happened to us, runs deeper than a simply apology. I sometimes go to his fights and watch him from the back, just to make sure nothing severe happens.

I'm glad that this didn't cause a strain on his friendship with Zay or Farkle. I'm surprise he's become good friends with Devin although, he never comes over or to any of our get-to-togethers. Maya, on the other hand, won't let this go and ignores him in anyway.

Then there's me, I've tried to move on and except the fact that there will never be Riley and Lucas, again. But he plagues my thoughts, my mind, everything and I can't forget about him.

I'm Riley Matthews and I don't give up on what I believe in.

❂❂❂❂❂

L U C A S

"Well look who it is. I haven't seen you in months boy."

"Actually it was about 2 months, maybe 3." I said to Belle.

"Here I thought you left to who-knows-where, without saying goodbye. Now where's my hug." She said opening her arms.

"I could never leave without saying goodbye to you." I mumbled to her as I hugged her.

"Well boy, how about I have Pete whipped us something to eat and tell me why I haven't seen you." I nodded and followed her to one of the booths.

❂❂❂❂❂

"So do you love Riley?" She asked.

"I do, I don't think I'm ever going to stop. And that's the problem." I said.

"Why is it a problem? Cause you guys hurt each other before in the past, yet you guys seem to always find your way back to each other."