12

L U C A S

"Where are you going?"

I jumped, "Holy Shit! You scared me Zay!" I said.

"Okay, so where are you going and with a duffle bag?" He asked.

"Shopping?"

"We did grocery shopping yesterday and you hate the mall." Damn why do you have to know me.

"Shopping for your birthday present?" He gave a look of disbelief. Oh yeah, his birthday already passed.

"Fine. I'm gonna go to the gym." I huffed out.

"Lucas what happen to your break? I'm pretty sure Kevin meant that you actually take some time off." Zay reasoned.

"But for a month?! I barely work at Belle's and I'm not even sure you work, but we got bills to pay!"

"Hey, chill the fuck out! I'm offended that you think I don't work." This time I gave him a look of disbelief.

"I have you know I work with theatre tech at the nearby high school." He gave me a smug look.
"Plus, Kevin said that he's paying any expensives." Looks like I need to pay a visit.

"Ow! What the fuck was that for!" I said rubbing my jaw.

"You had your angry face on. Oh and here is your stress ball." He said innocently.

"Seriously?" He nodded.

"Now where are you going?" He said following me to the door. "Are you angry that I punched you?"

"No, I should be but no. I'm going to talk to Kevin..."

"Okay I'll come." He said grabbing his phone.

"...alone."

"What? I didn't hear that."

"Look Zay I'm gonna go talk to him alone."

"Nu-uh. You are not going alone to talk with him, you don't know what could happen." He said grabbing the car key and heading towards the door.

"Oh and thanks for telling me that Kevin is your uncle." He sarcastically said before slamming the door.

Oh fuck! An angry Zay is never good.

❂❂❂❂❂

R I L E Y

"I don't which idea is better. Which do you like better?"

"I don't know, I'm in the dilemma as well. The competition could work but not a lot people would be able to participate. On the other hand the concert festival would bring in a lot of people and advertisement is much more bigger." Devin explained.

"But we need many different musical acts. And it's a short notice unless we schedule it to do it later next month." I advised.

"True. I will discuss about this at the next meeting, hopefully everyone is on board." He said. "What would I do without you?"

"Probably be dead." I said seriously.

"Probably. All right so now that's done, what should we do?"

"Eat. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast because someone woke me up late." I glared at him.

"Don't pinned this on! I tried to wake you up several times." He argued.