1 ; in a galaxy far far away

||Leia's p.o.v||

My parents have been traveling ever since I was about 10 years old, I am currently 18 1/2. I've been living with my parents' friends' family, the Cliffords. The Clifford family consists of Karen, Daryl, and Michael. I've been living with them for about 7 years. They're nice people, but Karen and Daryl's son is sort of out of place and such. I haven't seen my parent since my middle school graduation. When I started living here in the Cliffords' household, they kept calling me Princess Leia. You know, the Leia from Star Wars. My parents were big Star Wars fans, so they named me Leia. Such nerds.

Karen and Daryl's son, Michael, has been touring, but he's coming back home because the tour is almost over.

You can almost hear Daryl and Karen's conversation through the thin walls of their house.

Karen sighed, "Oh goodness, my baby boy is coming home in 2 weeks!"

"Karen, he's not a baby anymore, he's almost 20." Daryl responded.

For almost an hour they were talking about Michael coming home. When I moved here, he used to treat me like a peasant, just because I was 1 year younger. He was like, "Get me this, get me that!" But I got used to his bossy attitude.

Someone slowly opened my door. Karen.

"Hi Leia, how are you? Do you need anything?"

"Oh, I'm fine and if I needed anything I would just get it myself."

Karen came and sat on the side of my bed, "Your parents called and they told me that they're in South America studying the exotic animals there."

"When did they call?"

"They called when you were taking a nap."

My parents always call during bad times because of the time zones.

"Oh, well if they call at a bad time again, just tell them that I'm doing fine."

Karen nodded and headed out of my room. I sat there in my chair listening to some random playlist on Spotify.

To be honest, I kinda miss Michael, the last time he was here, he was playing computer games the whole time and he was just chilling in his man cave. I helped him move the furniture in his man cave, but after it was all done he said, "No ladies allowed." What does he do in there though? Masturbate? But two weeks seems too long to wait. I just miss his multi-colored hair and his piercings.

2 weeks pass

Daryl went to pick up Michael at the airport. Karen and I were setting up a special dinner for him. Oh and the special dinner? It's just pizza. Two boxes of pizza, and buffalo wings and all that shit. I sat down on the couch scrolling through Instagram. Karen sat down next to me, "I hope Michael didn't get fat during the tour, he needs to loose weight."

I laughed, "I can help him loose weight...By going to the gym like 2-3 times a week."

"We'll see."

Karen has been like a mom to me, she told me advice, she helped me pick out a prom dress for prom, we go shopping together. She is practically my second mom. Karen and I sat down on the couch waiting for Michael and Daryl.

About 30 minutes pass and the door unlocks and opens.

"Here comes Michael!" Daryl yells.

Michael extends his arms for a hug from his mom and dad. I watch them be a whole family.

"You too, Princess Leia, now come here and give me a hug!"

I give the punk rock giant a long hug.