14 ; nightmares

||Michael's POV||

I remember when I was a kid and when Leia moved in with my mom, my dad, and I. She was quite scared but she was very familiar with us. I remember bossing her around and telling her to get this and that. I remember blasting my punk and emo music and she would keep knocking on my door and tell me to stop. I was a stubborn kid back then, but it seems like things have changed. Now, I treat Leia like a queen and not like a peasant. I remember hating her because she took the attention from me, but it seems like we're done competing with each other and we just gave up. I have her in my arms and she's fast asleep. I regret doing all the bad things to her because look where she is now. 

I check my phone and I received a text from Luke saying: Hey! I saw you confirmed your relationship with Leia! Congratz!

I replied back with: Thanks, Luke Hammings

I watch Leia's chest rise and fall. It's funny how one human being can complete your whole world just like that. It's honestly amazing. It's like not long ago when I burnt my face and hair and when she heard about it, she kept face-timing me the whole day after the incident wondering if I'm okay. I wonder if she ditched Colby just to face-time me. Even though I was such a douche to her she was so good to me and I never got to thank her. All this time she was being good to me and I never noticed, I just wanted to be with her because we've known each other for a long time and I thought maybe it'd be nice to bang her and she has such amazing body features, I just couldn't take my eyes off her when I got home from the tour. But after knowing her more, I realized I chose the right person.

She's a playful, cuddly, cute, beautiful, and amazing person. She's just so perfect and I'm glad that I chose her, but I was blinded by her beauty when I developed a crush on her. 

I twirl her hair and she's still sleeping. All of a sudden, she begins to panic in her sleep. Her heart begins to pound, she's breathing hard. I begin to shake her, and her eyes open right away. She breathes in and out really fast. 

"Leia, what's wrong?" 

She puts her hand over her heart and says, "I-I had a terrible dream that I w-was being kidnapped and C-Colby raped me and I-I just.." She begins to breakdown in tears. 

"No, Leia, don't cry," I hold her close to me, "If he ever does something like that I will find him." 

"It's just that he was getting involved with gangs and dangerous shit like that..." She wipes her tears, "A-And one time he tried to r-rape me because he thought I was cheating on him with you." 

"With me? Why did he suspect that?" 

"Because we face-timed the whole day when your f-face got burnt and he was getting suspicious." She holds me tight. 

"Did he do anything to you?" I ask her. 

"Well, he didn't get me pregnant, but he sure did forced me to fuck him." She lifts her-my shirt and reveals a scar, "I was fighting him for the knife but instead I stabbed-" 

"Stabbed!? Did you lose a lot of blood?!" 

"No, he just like sliced my back, but I took care of it." 

"Shit, I am so sorry this ever happened to you, it was all my fault-" 

"Michael, it was never your fault, it was mine. I was so clueless about Colby and I was so stubborn because I never listened to the stuff people said to me about him." 

"Well, how did you break up with him?" 

"We never spoke again after he attempted to rape me," She then says, "But thank god, I'm with you and you make me feel safe." 

"But I'm so sorry this all happened to you while I was gone. I-I love you." I state clearly. 

"I love you too." She wipes another tear away. I hold her hand and squeeze it tight, letting her know that I will be here for her. 

I can't imagine what kind of douche bag would rape someone like that. It's like forcing someone to love you. Like why did she hook up with that piece of shit? But after all the drama that happened, I think I have to look after her extra close. Like where she goes, I go. Because we don't know when Colby's gonna pop up and try to get back with her. 

I assure her, "But Leia, as long as your safe, we have nothing to worry about." 

She looks at me and smiles. 

I would ask more questions about what happened between her and Colby, but I'm afraid she might breakdown again and I don't like seeing people cry because it makes me cry too. 

To be honest, Colby seems like one of those psycho boyfriends. Like when their girlfriend breaks up with them, they stalk them and then they keep threatening their exes. 

Leia says, "I'm pretty sure that he won't come and get me, because I told him if he goes anywhere near me I'm calling the cops and I'm gonna expose his drug dealing business he does with his uncles." 

"Damn, you hooked up with a bad boy." 

"I didn't know at first, but when our relationship grew, I got to see what a fucking monster that piece of shit was." She explains.

"Enough of this ex-boyfriend bullshit, what do you wanna do today?" 

"I just wanna stay home with you, that's all I want." She squeezes my hand and smiles. 

"I could play some songs for you, what do you want me to play?" 

"Anything, I wanna be surprised." 

I take her hand into my room, not my man cave, and I sit her down on my bed. I grab my guitar and begin to play the intro of She's Kinda Hot. 

"My girlfriend's bitchin' 'cause I always sleep in," I sang with a raspy voice. "She's always screamin' when she's callin' her friends, She's kinda hot though. Okay, there's some She's Kinda Hot for you." 

Leia gives me a smile and claps, "Sing some more, please. Your voice is so, holy shit." 

"Nah, why won't you sing for me?" I hand her my guitar. 

"I don't know much songs, but I do know Can't Help Falling In Love?" She says, "Hold on, lemme get my ukulele." She walks out of my room and comes back with her ukulele. She strums her ukulele and sings softly, "Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't help, falling in love with you. Shall I stay? Would it be a sin. If I can't help, falling in love with you." 

I clap for her, "That was really good!" 

"You think so? I barely sing because I know I'm not that good." 

"Hey, don't be so insecure because to me you're perfection."