Secrets Revealed (Pt. 2)

Squalo: That stupid girl and IDIOT Lussuria gave me a headache! And I still have to find-

Author-chan: Wow! You're here early. What, you really want to find reader-chan? *smirks*

Squalo: DON'T YOU HAVE A DISCLAIMER TO DO OR SOMETHING INSTEAD OF BOTHER ME!?!? *storms off*

Author-chan: *(O.O)* No curses, no threats, no fighting!? Yup, he wants to rescue reader-chan. Either way, I do not own KHR or any of its characters but I do own the plot. There is also a special character that you'll meet later on...
____________________________________________________________________

(Reader's POV)

'UGH! My head hurts. Where am I?'

I struggle to open my eyes and find myself on a bed in some kind of room. I immediately look back down at my self and sigh in relief that I'm still wearing the Varia uniform I had on before. As I look around the room, the door opens to reveal a man that looks like he's in his late twenties with short black hair and a white mask. He walks in and a lady long (h/c) hair walks in, also wearing a white mask. She looks just like my mom but her eyes are snowy white. She tells the man to leave, and though he is hesitant, he obeys.

"I see you've grown into a strong and quite popular young lady, (y/n)." She says.

"Who are you?! Why do you look like my mom and what do you want?!" I growl, backing away from her slightly.

The look in her eyes seems a bit hurt, making me confused. She then takes her mask off and I can see that it is indeed my mom. She smiles at me like when I was a child, but tears form in my eyes.

"Wh-what? But how!? YOU WERE KILLED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!" I raise my voice in anger.

"I'm sorry. We had to." She looks down with a painful expression.

"YOU HAD TO DO WHAT?! LEAVE YOUR DAUGHTER ALL ALONE FOR HOW MANY YEARS?! AFTER YOU 'DIED', I LOST CONTROL, BUT YOU HAD TO!!!" I shout.

I don't get it! After my parents died, Kougami and I were on our own. The Famiglia hated me and saw me as a mistake, a monster, and they didn't hide their feelings. Kougami wanted to protect and help me so he stayed with me. After a year or two, we were stealing food when we ran into a man. I was scared that he was going to hurt Kougami so I used my flames against him. He was shocked but showed me that he had flames as well, sky flames. That was how we met Alex. He took us in and was like a father figure, but I treated him more like a weird uncle or an older friend.

Soon, Kougami was sent to another Famiglia but I could tell that they were going to be nice to him. We made a promise to meet again when we were older, and I was all alone again. People in the Famiglia always tried to treat me like family so I warmed up to them after a while. What's annoying me is how after who knows how many years, she suddenly pops back right in front of me with 'I had to'.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't just let them kill you. They wanted you for your true power..." Wait...

'They? True power?'

(Flash back)

"Kougami! You cheated!" I shouted with a pout.

"No I didn't, you just suck at playing." He replies with a smirk.

We go back and forth saying 'Nu-huh' and 'Uh-huh' and my parents walk into the room laughing. We both glare at them, making them laugh even harder.

"Dinner is ready so I hope your ready." My mom says.

"Yay! I'm starving." I exaggerate.

"When aren't you?" Kougami says and we both glare daggers at each other.