Chapter 13: The Forest Road

"O-Orangor?!" Ceylan gasped in shock.

"That's my name when you played the silly games, I told you my real name is Chase," Orangor sighed.

"Chase...that explains why you made us chase you so much..." Ceylan joked.

"Hey don't make jokes, that's my job," Chase/Orangor growled.

"Yeah, you might want a new job...because you aren't doing so well," Ceylan said.

"Do you want my help or not, because you might want to hurry if you don't want to lose your friends," Chase said.

"What do you mean?" Ceylan questioned

"You're hopeless...do you think you're just gonna help Bravenwolf on your own?" Chase muttered.

"Umm...which one do you mean?" Ceylan asked.

"Which one?" Chase repeated curiously.

"Yeah, if you aren't aware the pup here shares the same name," Ceylan said.

"I'm well aware of that you idiot! You were shouting it earlier like a madman, and I meant both anyways!" Chase said.

"Huh? But the pup is just fine," Ceylan said as Brave switching his attention to small leaf.

"Don't act dumb, you know what's coming, stop denying it," Chase said.

Ceylan sighed, totally confused on what was going on. Brave kept circling around Chase, as if trying to figure the guy out just by looking at him. Chase then backed off Ceylan to pick the pup up, and stroked his red fur.

"Such a shame that they're both endangered and have the same deadline," Chase sighed.

"What do you mean? You still haven't explained anything!" Ceylan exclaimed.

"Later, but now we should avoid the psycho chasing you two," Chase said.

As if on cue shots began to ring through the sky, making Brave squirm in Chase's arms to escape impending doom.

"Stop squirming," Chase hissed.

Brave whimpered and stared at Ceylan, Trust him?

I guess... Ceylan thought.

Well if you say so... Brave sighed.

"Okay now we'll have to go," Chase said and pointed deeper in the forest, "This way."

Ceylan followed Chase deeper into the forest. But almost every minute or so a shot will be heard from the man's gun, making Brave whimper and Ceylan curse. None the less they continued through the forest.

"Orangor, Chase, whatever, where exactly are we going?" Ceylan asked.

"Do you not trust me?" Chase asked.

"No! That's not it at all," Ceylan said sarcastically, "It's not like you've lied before!"

"Shut up, that was my job," Chase growled.

"And you couldn't refuse?" Ceylan sighed.

"He. Turned. Me. Into. A. Damn. Monkey," Chase said.

"He did?" Ceylan asked shocked.

"Yep, he told me to mess around with people and entertain him," Chase said, "And until I do I'll stay a monkey serving him there. I swear I lost my mind there, so I'm sorry."

Ceylan stayed quiet, he didn't want to get to into it. For all he knows Chase can be lying, and trying to trick him. But the seriousness in Chase's voice started to make him wonder if the story were true. Another shot startling the group.

"Damn, he's gaining," Chase muttered.

Chase placed Brave on the ground and took a core brick out of his pocket. He tapped it against a tree, and the tree grew vines that covered the path. Ceylan gasped at what he just witnessed.

"That'll buy us sometime," Chase said.

"H-how did you... " Ceylan stuttered.

"I'll explain later, just go," Chase said pushing Ceylan forward.

They continued down the path down the forest. Bang!

"How the hell?! Is this guy even human?!" Chase growled.

"Says the monkey boy," Ceylan said.

Says the owner of a pup boy, Brave growled.

"Hey I'm not trying to be that way," Ceylan replied.

Kind of are, Brave sighed.

"I'm not going through this with you now," Ceylan said.

"Okay we're going to need to hurry if we are going to get away from him," Chase said.

They continued up the hill, until a shadowy figure shot in front of them.

"Now where do you think you're going?" the voice of the figure said.