Chapter 17: Surprises

TH: I actually thought I posted this chapter here already, apparently I didn't so I'm sorry for the necessary wait for this chapter. So, ENJOY!

-

Chapter 17: Surprises

"1st off my name is Delsin," the snake boy said, "Keep it in mind."

"Delsin, got it," Guren said as he nodded his head.

"Good. Now about this place. What I know so far this place is in a deep jungle, I can tell because the scenery from the barred window. I also know that they have others here as prisoners too. I swear I have heard a cry from out that door every day so far." Delsin took a pause and stared down at the floor before he began to speak again, but this time in a faint whisper, "I always think they might come for me next. . ."

Guren shivered just thinking about what they possibly been doing with those people, what they wanted from them also.

"That's all I know honestly, I never passed that locked up door so I wouldn't know any more than what I can gather from this room," Delsin said.

"What do you think they want with us?" Guren asked.

"Who knows?" Delsin muttered, "We won't know until we get past that door."

"So . . . how long have you been here?" Guren asked.

"I don't even know, I lost count. . ." Delsin said, "It's hard to count time in this world exactly. . ."

"Wait, 'this world'? What do you mean by that?" Guren asked.

"I guess you really are clueless," Delsin sighed, "You're on Quarton, kid."

"WAIT, YOU MEAN WE'RE ON QUARTON?!" Guren yelled.

"Yeah, can you stop flipping out?" Delsin replied.

"BUT, HOW?!" Guren questioned.

Delsin growled and covered his ears, "Will you just shut up?"

"HOW CAN I?! THAT FLIPPING MONKEY LIED TO ME, THE NEXT TIME I SEE HIM I'LL GIVE HIM A PIECE OF MY MIND," Guren howled in anger.

"Monkey?" Delsin muttered.

Then a clank came from a slot in the wall, and out of that slot came out two packages. Delsin got up from the bench and opened on of the packages.

"Cake?" Delsin muttered, "What the heck?"

Guren stopped his little hissy fit, and grabbed the other package, and opened it to find another cake.

"Ummm . . . what's the problem with this?" Guren asked.

"Nothing is, it's just . . . they never really gave me this kind of stuff," Delsin replied, "It's kind of strange, that's all."

"Oh, okay then," Guren said as he took a bite of the cake.

Delsin instead just put the cake back in the packaging. A loud cry came from out the door, causing Guren to choke on the cake in shock.

"Well, shit," Delsin growled as he went over to pat Guren on the back.

"Wh-what was that?!" Guren asked.

"Remember those loud cries I talked about, that was one of them," Delsin replied.

"Oh. . ." Guren muttered.

"Well get used to them," Delsin sighed, "They happen all the time."