Chapter 16: Vine Escape

"Okay then get us out of here then!" Ceylan said.

"Okay just wait a bit, I'm finding a good place to swing to..." Chase said eyeing the sky line.

"TO WHAT TO?!" Ceylan yelled.

"You heard me, we're going to swing of here," Chase replied.

"Are you serious?!" Ceylan said, "From this gigundo beanstalk?!"

"Yep," Chase said placing his brick into a slot on his wristband.

Then vines leaves covered Chase like a cocoon.

"What the..." Ceylan muttered.

The flower quickly bloomed revealing Chase, but he now had an orange monkey tail, and small furry ears. It was like what happened with Brave, except in that case there was fire everywhere.

"What just happened..." Ceylan muttered.

"This is something you'll be able to when you're find it," Chase replied as he shot a vine out of the palm of his hand.

"Are you a monkey version of Spider Man or something?!"Ceylan yelled.

"No," Chase growled, "Like I said,you'll find out sooner. Now that fire pup of yours is going to have to do something very important. He's gonna have to burn this beanstalk down."

"Burn? Wouldn't that cause a forest fire?" Ceylan asked.

"Nope, just trust me okay," Chase said.

How do I do that in the first place? Brave sighed.

"Do you know how to be half human yet?" Chase asked.

"So I'm not the only one who hears Brave," Ceylan muttered.

Well, I don't know how, but Ceylan knows how to make me, Brave said.

Chase looked at Ceylan, "If you do, the do it then!"

"Chase, you know that this would cause a forest fire right?" Ceylan said, "Smokey Bear wouldn't approve this."

"Oh shut up about Smokey the damn Bear! His fire is different, it only burns the things Brave ,in this case, wants burned," Chase hissed.

Cool! Brave yipped.

"I swear if you're lying..." Ceylan started.

"I'm not, I'm a plant elemental, if he seted the plants on fire, I'd be in danger as well," Chase sighed.

"Elemental...you mean like the elemental modes?!" Ceylan said, "So that'd make me...ice?"

"Ding. Ding. Ding. You're right there," Chase said.

"So do I get what you guys have yet?" Ceylan asked.

"No, you need to find something else 1st," Chase said, "Now make Brave like I am before that guy comes up here."

Ceylan took out Guren's Core Brick and placed it in Brave's collar like the last time. Then Brave bursted into flames again and turned into his half human form.

"So how do I set this thing on fire?" Brave asked.

"You focus all your energy into the palm of your hands, aim at the place where you want to shoot, then fire," Chase said as he shot a vine through the palm of his hand.

Brave just stared blankly at his hand.

"Can you explain again?" Brave asked.

"Ugh, kids," Chase sighed, "Think of your hand like a plasma gun."

"You're not exactly an adult either," Brave growled, "And...what's a p-pla...whatever that thing is!"

"Wow," Chase said, "Just wow."

"He is a wolf you know," Ceylan said.

"So?" Chase said.

Ceylan smacked his hand against his forehead in disbelief.

"Wolves do NOT have advanced technology, or any technology at all for the matter!" Ceylan growled.

"Oh. . .yeah. . ." Chase muttered.

"You aren't that bright are you?" Brave sighed.

"I got it!" Ceylan said, "Brave you know how Jack down there was shooting us?"

"How can I not?" Brave growled.

"Well pretend you have that gun, and when we're swinging imagine being Jack and shoot the beanstalk," Ceylan said.

Brave stared blankly at Ceylan wondering it it would work.

"Maybe I can..." Brave muttered.

"Try it out, shoot at the sky," Ceylan said.

Brave nodded his head and tried to imagine his hand as a gun. then his arm started to tingle as a small flame danced on his hand.

"Now he's finally doing it," Chase said.

"Shut up and let him focus," Ceylan growled.

At that point the fire shot up out of Brave's hand into the air. The three boys watched in awe as the fire ball span in the air, but to their terror it started shooting back down.

"WE GOTTA GO, NOW!" Chase yelled grabbing Ceylan arm as Ceylan grabbed Brave.

The boys swung to safety, landing on top of a roof building. Then they turned their attention to the burning beanstalk.

"You think Jack burnt to death?" Ceylan whispered.

"Possibly," Chase said.

"Then we just committed manslaughter. . ." Ceylan sighed, "Just great."

"Well he did deserve it," Chase laughed.

Ceylan just glared at Chase in response.

"He's not dead, remember, it's magic fire it wouldn't kill him," Chase sighed, "Well unless your pup wanted him to burn."

"Then he isn't dead," Brave said softly.

Me: We're just gonna call the hunter Jack for now because I'm gonna get really tired of typing "The hunter " all the time. . .